Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leupold Std mounts and rings for savage Mk2/Remmington 541

OK so here is the back story:
    I want to improve the Savage Mk2 FSS that i purchased last year so i did a bit of looking around and decided that i wanted to upgrade the scope mounts first.
    After a bit more reading around and through the rimfire section of the old forum i heard about rimfire central and after poking around their savage Mk2 section i found their scope mount cross compatibility post.
    Only confirmed fitment with no modifications needed were listed and i decided to choose the leupold/redfield mounts as the ones i wanted because of the windage adjustments in the mount.

So after a good look around eBay.com and .au i found a NOS set, with no factory packaging but look untouched, and they were delivered today (for the princely sum of $30).

My question is how does the windage adjustment system work?
    Obviously the mount with the adjustment screws changes the windage by loosening and tightening the opposite screw, the other mount should swivel in position yes?
    I could not turn the "swivel" mount by hand and this worries me.
    If i am making such tiny adjustments i don't want to be stressing out my scope by getting it on zero without touching the scopes internal adjustments.
    There does no appear to be any glue or lock screw holding the "swivel mount" in position so i'm at a loss.

Or is it just a tight interference fit?

I've now got the same on a T3 Varmint in .204 Ruger. To get the swivel mounts to turn just use a set of pliers with a bit of cloth over them to protect. Needs a fair bit of force and they stay locked in place. As for the windage screws I didn't have to adjust them and left them be. The rifle was shooting straight...just had to adjust elevation on the scope.

There is a video on the Leupold website that shows how to mount them....goes for about 5 min.
    I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

• scythe
      scythe commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers SC, will make my way over there now and have a looksie.
      I know that it needs to self lock to hold the accuracy but it just seems to require excessive force and would possibly damage the tube, but if they damaged tubes of scopes all the time then i guess they wouldn't sell as well as they do.

Here it is. If the link works, still working out how to use an I Mac.

Comment

PS....a lot of the stuff they do is not necessary.

Comment

Working...
      X