Meopta Rifle Scopes -Whats not to like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meopta Rifle Scopes -Whats not to like

Meoptas would have to be one of the most underated scope for the $ imho. The glass and build are exceptional. I now own 4 of them and find it hard to buy another brand. Any other lovers out there? Or even haters? What is not to like about them.

There are some great cheaper scopes out there, but I dont know of any optically as good - wonderfully clear, bright euro glass.

Good stuff.I bought a 3x9x40 steel tube some years ago in Prague.The guy in the sports store there told me they use the same lenses as Doctor ,Zeiss and a few other German brands.I don't know how true that is but they're certainly good optics IMO.I've got an old pair of 12 power Meopta binoculars too that I got from my Grandad that are also good.

P.S.I thought my other reply had disappeared! Now I see it's in another section!

Comment

They are quality for hunting scopes i think.

they dont have any serious entries in the tactical side of things which is a downer for myself and others who use those kind of optics.

Comment

• Vromme
        Vromme commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by S12A" post=3191
        They are quality for hunting scopes i think.

they dont have any serious entries in the tactical side of things which is a downer for myself and others who use those kind of optics.
        Have you seen there ZD line? I think they are reasonably new. Dont think the ZD 4-16 x 44 RD is availible in Aus yet?

I got the ZD 4-16 x 44 RD from US, just waiting on the rifle to put it on. I will put some Kenton Ind turrets on it when I do some testing (loads etc). A bit of a gamble as there isnt much info on these scopes yet (at least when I ordered it).

ZD 4-16x44 RD

ZD 6-24 x56 RD

I agree.
      I have 2 of the 3-12x56 Meostar scopes and like them a lot. Very clear, no knobs to twiddle except the
      power ring makes them easy to use. Going to put one of them on my 22-250 Howa Varmint for spotlighting.
      Am looking to get a 3-9x42 Meopro for a 30-06 Tikka Forest as walk around hunting rifle. Have not looked through
      a Meopro yet but have read mostly positive opinions. They can be had at reasonable prices in Australia too.

I believe the Meostar has a 30 year warranty if purchased here. I sent one to Winchester Australia who sent it overseas
      for repair and got a new one in return - all it cost me was the postage to Winchester. Pretty good considering I was at least the third
      owner.

Anyone got a Meopro ? Opinions?

cheers
      Bw

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes i had a meopro 6-18x50 glass was great and only sold it as it was 2 big for my needs as i sold the rifle it was on
        cheers
        7x57

• Vromme
        Vromme commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Bullwinkle" post=3340

Anyone got a Meopro ? Opinions?

cheers
        Bw
        I looked through a few scopes when i first got a Meopta. I would rate them as good if not clearer than Zeiss conquest, Leupold vx3. Considerably better than cheaper Chinese made ones. In the next couple of weeks I should have the Meopro 6-18x50 side by side with the ZD tactic, be interesting to see if there is any noticeable diff in glass.

I have r1 4-16x44 mil dot on vtr 223 and there very good
      And a meopro 6-18x50 is good but the turrets are huge is on my .204 527 American
      Had 6x42 meopta armetis 2000 on 17hmr for a while was very good but I put the 6-20x40 grand slam that was on 204
      I go thru europtic but have seen good prices on Clayton firearms before
      I have another brand new armetis 6x42 for $380 if anyone wants it
      Best thing is I use bugger all ammo to scope in , click and it does

Comment

• Sambar Country
        Sambar Country commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by 45/70" post=14963
        I have r1 4-16x44 mil dot on vtr 223 and there very good
        And a meopro 6-18x50 is good but the turrets are huge is on my .204 527 American
        Had 6x42 meopta armetis 2000 on 17hmr for a while was very good but I put the 6-20x40 grand slam that was on 204
        I go thru europtic but have seen good prices on Clayton firearms before
        I have another brand new armetis 6x42 for $380 if anyone wants it
        Best thing is I use bugger all ammo to scope in , click and it does
        I used to have an R1 Meopta Meostar 4-16X44 on my .30-06...never got the thing over 4X in the close bush terrain I hunt in. So put an H34S Aimpoint Hunter 1X red dot scope on it and having no magnification is perfect for that rifle in my home town. Got a .204 and chucked the Meopta on top of that for hunting little things. Fine scope, great glass...but no zero stop, it needs one.

love the meoptas but please guys keep it quiet everyone is gonna get on to them

Comment

Working...
      X