Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compact scopes

Hi all,
    I am looking at a new compact scope for the 7600P. I would like opinions feedback etc on my choices and any user reviews.
    Choice #1 Leupold VXR 1.25x4x20 Firedot Duplex , model #111230 . Choice #2 Leupold VX2 1x4x20 Duplex reticle ,model #110793. Choice #3 Nikon Monarch 3 1x4x20 BDC Reticle model #6758. I have seen the Pig Plex reticles and think it is too cluttered ? Is the 30mm tube better to have than the 1 inch tube models? My top budget is $500. I will buy from the US.
    I have looked at some other brands/models that have the large windage/elevation turrets and most reveiws say that it is easy to knock them out of allignment. The rifle is a short range pig buster currently with a red dot.(TRS-25) Ring size is no issue as I have both sizes. Thanks for any help.

Theres a AR15 type scope on used guns, and something that suits a Nagant that look littlish.

Comment

Have a look at the Millet DMS, its a 1-4 with a good snap shooting reticle, I have one on my 458Socom and its great.
      I got mine for under $300 on opticsplanet
      http://www.millettsights.com/scopes/dms/

Comment

• Chang739
        Chang739 commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by 10 Mile Sniper" post=46648
        Have a look at the Millet DMS, its a 1-4 with a good snap shooting reticle, I have one on my 458Socom and its great.
        I got mine for under $300 on opticsplanet
        http://www.millettsights.com/scopes/dms/
        I'm not sure I like the donuts reticle... do they offer one with just the dot?

Not as far as I know, but on a 50m range the dot fits inside a standard SSAA target with plenty of room on the ring.
      I use the ring for snap shooting and the dot if I have time to precise aim.

Comment

Aimpoint...Trijicon...nothing else gets close to them.
        I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

• S12A
          S12A commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Sambar Country" post=46826
          Aimpoint...Trijicon...nothing else gets close to them.
          except for Elcan. i need a rifle that would suit a an Elcan specter DR

if you are thinking of a classic style compact scope , schmidt and bender have a new line:
          Schmidt and bender ultra short

The only thing about Elcan I don't like is the external mechanism for adjustment. But that's just one of my little personal foibles. Otherwise, they're nice glass.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Forward!
        Where we are, where we belong, where we should be.

Comment

• S12A
          S12A commented
          Editing a comment
          Very clear and bright glass for sure, i really like the bdc adjustment on the wildcat but since it does not have that feature on the spectre i would rather they left it out too.
      Working...
      X