Which scope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, over budget but what a nice scope, VX-3 HD 4.5-14x40 CDS ZL
    Fancy push button 1 revolution zero stop turret with dialed in cap.
    Very nice looking Xmas tree reticle and even a colour that would match the Hells Canyon.

Trouble is when you add the extra's, it comes in at about $1,250. That's if they are in stock now.

Comment

Just did my first real bit of searching and you can pay even more for what I think is the older plain i models in some shops.

I know it's not the shops causing this but they are the ones that will suffer if they turn it into a rich man's sport.
      Shotty ammo hasn't been affected yet and I wear a T-shirt shooting clays and ain't dressing stupid like the poms to shoot birds.

It's the Boone and Crockett reticle that I like as the other LR hunter one looks a bit busy.

It seems the scopes like Vortex Viper that was a good value entry-level for long-range shooting has gone to near double the price.
      It has to be marketing as they know if the price was just over double that most blokes will just not pay on principal.

Will have to check what's happened to the other brands in pricing as I sort of missed all this scope pricing change.

Comment

The cheapest Freedom 3-9x40 CDS I've found advertised here in Australia is for $479 from Cleavers and in stock. (Most around the $550 mark) The Freedom VX 4-12x40 Tri MOA in the picture they advertised for $799. (Which I reckon is a pretty good deal and far better scope... They are seen around $1100.)

The $270 difference is in a better Ret and 30mm tube...
        "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

The CDS system... Out of the factory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyOhXnpTmrw
          "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

That Freedom range at Cleavers covers just about everything.

Looks like a 30mm tube would be fine but have to be careful with bigger 50mm objective lenses as they can make the scope too high and wreck the cheek weld on a hunting rifle stock.
            Too late if you can't size things up.

Comment

I think il be going the vx 4-12
              for the extra coin it's a better scope.
              I might have to order one from cleavers.
              Go hard or Go home.

Comment

• HERNE
                HERNE commented
                Editing a comment
                Jump on it. I would normally recommend calling Gary from Safari but that price Ceavers have on it... Is pretty bloody good.

Scope is ordered and on it's way.
              got the freedom vx 4-12x40
              Tri Moa for $800 delivered.
              hopefully he likes his Birthday present.
              thank you fellas for all your input.
              cheers Sparta.
              Go hard or Go home.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparta View Post
                Scope is ordered and on it's way.
                got the freedom vx 4-12x40
                Tri Moa for $800 delivered.
                hopefully he likes his Birthday present.
                thank you fellas for all your input.
                cheers Sparta.
                Shit they gone up in price! almost 2x what I paid for my 4-12 tri moa scopes when they first came out onto the market in Aus.

It's a good scope/great scope for what I paid, but 800 now days gezz must be better then they anticipated.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip View Post

Shit they gone up in price! almost 2x what I paid for my 4-12 tri moa scopes when they first came out onto the market in Aus.

It's a good scope/great scope for what I paid, but 800 now days gezz must be better then they anticipated.
                  Really wow skip they have gone up ey.
                  and that was on sale too plus I had to haggle for the free postage.
                  mind you because of kung foo every thing has gone up its rediculous.
                  utes have gone thru the roof the prices.
                  Go hard or Go home.

Comment

Working...
                  X