Nikon Prostaff Rimfire - what similar scopes should I look at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikon Prostaff Rimfire - what similar scopes should I look at

I'm pretty new to optics so bear with me!

I think I want a new optic for my bunny .22 (Marlin 39a)
    I've got a cheap Tasco on there that I'm not really happy with - its just not very clear compared to the other scopes I have (Monarch with BDC that came with my Howa and a Burris Tac30 on my 7615) .
    I'm pretty happy with my Monarch, the BDC reticle and wondering if anyone has experience with this Nikon rimfire scope?
    I know its cheaper ($200 delivered) and won't be as clear or quality as the Monarch range.
    Anything else for that money I should consider?
    “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. . .”
    ― King David

Could be just me, but the difference in quality between my Monarch and my Prostaff is surprisingly small. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better scope for the same coin.

Comment

Originally posted by stab" post=43886
      I'm pretty new to optics so bear with me!

I think I want a new optic for my bunny .22 (Marlin 39a)
      I've got a cheap Tasco on there that I'm not really happy with - its just not very clear compared to the other scopes I have (Monarch with BDC that came with my Howa and a Burris Tac30 on my 7615) .
      I'm pretty happy with my Monarch, the BDC reticle and wondering if anyone has experience with this Nikon rimfire scope?
      I know its cheaper ($200 delivered) and won't be as clear or quality as the Monarch range.
      Anything else for that money I should consider?
      I havent done anything research or anything on it but i think for a leaver a leupold vx1 2-7x33 is a light small profile scope that would be good on a lever gun.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Do it!!! i have a p-22 and an M-223 both with BDC both brilliant scopes. The BDC works surprisingly well especially if you load the cartridge specs into the spot on calculator you can becone quite accurate. i found mine pretty close out the box.

I have been using them on my 22s for a number of years. Love them.

Comment

• stab
        stab commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool.
        I'd wondered about which Leupold would suit. Just $100 more expensive - and right now that counts.
        Think I'll go the Nikon. Might sneak it in for Xmas!
        Appreciate all the feedback.
    Working...
    X