vortex viper hs 2.5-10x44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vortex viper hs 2.5-10x44

Hey anyone have one of these looking to put it up on the tikka 308 for hunting. Mostly walk around and under 200m shots. the 30mm tube seems great and very bright. cheers

Originally posted by jml01" post=43363
    Hey anyone have one of these looking to put it up on the tikka 308 for hunting. Mostly walk around and under 200m shots. the 30mm tube seems great and very bright. cheers
    I have the PST 2.5-10x44 if that's what you mean. Unsure the HS was a 30 mm tube.

Mine has been used for skippy culling for close to two years. Good scope easy for hold over long shots, also sizing up the target. The down side if the turrets are easy to knock and change zero on you. had that happen twice ( but was rectified when the shot was missed ) dial it back and bang ..... flop.

This was a pic I took last year on a critter I haven't seen around these parts ( over 8 years ) brush tail possum.

Not the best pic and the phone don't do it justice.

Comment

Originally posted by jml01" post=43363
      Hey mate I have the pst 2.5-10x44 mrad version exactly for the same reason you described.
      The hs and pst both share the same glass and find it pretty good across all magnification . Skip showed me that pic when I was looking into buying one . Have read a few reviews in them been bad but I actually disagree the glass quality is good ! If you can opt for the extra cost and if its any value to you ( illum reticle /zero stop / reticle ) then get it

Comment

• Jester308
        Jester308 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the 2.5-10x44 PST Mrad on the sako 308, was a great little optic, nice clear glass, good reticle, crisp repeatable adjustments on the turrets. The only issue I had was the illum shut off under recoil, which was fixed under warranty by extra vision. Turns out it was an undersized rubber contact in the battery housing. Fixed and never happened again.

I only sold it as I wanted to try the new front focal plane version in he 2.5-10x32. Features and quality wise it was a good little scope.

JJ
    Working...
    X