Scope swap anyone? Vortex Viper PST 1-4 MRAD tactical turret.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scope swap anyone? Vortex Viper PST 1-4 MRAD tactical turret.

Hiya guys,

As the title suggests, I have a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 MRAD CQB scope with the tactical turrets. While I love the versatility of the optics and the reticle/ illumination is simply the best thing since sliced bread for snap shooting, the turrets keep getting knocked off zero while I am hunting with it. I have it mounted to my 7600 in 308 at the moment, but it was mounted to my 77/44 since new, so it hasn't had a hard life (maybe 9 mths old). Heres the pic....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vortex1-4PST.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	53340

What I want is either the same scope without the exposed turrets, or a suitable replacement for my 7600 that I use on Sambar. So things like a Leupold VX-R 2-7, or other suitable types of compact scopes. Prefer a 30mm tube.

Let me know what you have that you reckon would be a fair trade, if no takers I'll stick it on abused guns next week.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Shooter" post=41722
    Hiya guys,

As the title suggests, I have a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 MRAD CQB scope with the tactical turrets. While I love the versatility of the optics and the reticle/ illumination is simply the best thing since sliced bread for snap shooting, the turrets keep getting knocked off zero while I am hunting with it. I have it mounted to my 7600 in 308 at the moment, but it was mounted to my 77/44 since new, so it hasn't had a hard life (maybe 9 mths old). Heres the pic....

What I want is either the same scope without the exposed turrets, or a suitable replacement for my 7600 that I use on Sambar. So things like a Leupold VX-R 2-7, or other suitable types of compact scopes. Prefer a 30mm tube.

Let me know what you have that you reckon would be a fair trade, if no takers I'll stick it on abused guns next week.

Cheers,
    i have a brand new 2-10x44 vortex viper HS i brought it with my Blr i just picked it up its to big for the BLR it puts the balance off so ive been looking at a leupold vxr hog cause my blr is only for pig&goats PM me mate if ya want to deal ive got reciepts for it all
    Attached Files

Comment

• Archie
      Archie commented
      Editing a comment
      Whats it worth secondhand

Do the turrets get knocked that easily? Are they bumping off lime bush/lignum etc or just hands/fingers etc on the walk..
    Have always considered this scope for a blr but hearing this.. No way you could keep em in place with wrapped rubber bands etc?

Comment

• Jester308
      Jester308 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey mate I never had an issue with the turrets being inadvertently knocked while walkin through the scrub. I had the 2.5-10x44 PST, they were quite tactile.

JJ

The movement of turrets is a very common problem for these types of scopes. That is why more experienced people don't hunt with turreted scopes, or they buy a scope with lockable turrets!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by adamjp" post=45919
      The movement of turrets is a very common problem for these types of scopes. That is why more experienced people don't hunt with turreted scopes, or they buy a scope with lockable turrets!
      Yep, but theres also the guys that hunt with what they have. This scope was bought for another purpose, but migrated to my pump gun due to the reticle being bloody great for a close range deer gun.

Sorry guys, been a bit distracted of late.

I already have Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10 under the bench already, so no thanks. Its there for the same reason, its too bulky on the pump gun, but it usually lives on the bolt action where its fine.

The turrets get bumped when pushing through undergrowth (I should add that my rifle hangs from a single point sling attached to my day pack so the rifle gets used a battering ram sometimes). Rubber bands work to a degree, but 100MPH tape works better! See the below image, with rubber bands! Having a snooze on a log!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snoozinmarked.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	57357

One of these with the capped turrets I reckon would be ideal for a BLR though.

I have a Razor 1-4 on the way for a test, as well as a Razor red dot..

Comment

I have a vxr 2-7 IR.. I'm tempted to swap but I'm more inclined to think an aimpoint is gonna be the next move..

Comment

Originally posted by Shooter" post=41722
        Hiya guys,

Cheers,
        the rifle and scope look very similar to the one in australian hunter mag edition47
        Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          the rifle and scope look very similar to the one in australian hunter mag edition47

Funny that..... Reckon it might be the same one.....
      Working...
      X