Clearest Scope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearest Scope?

I asked this on the old forum,(OTOF) but didnt copy it down.

Whats the clearest scope you have used?

Maybe in terms of seeing bullet holes in targets, or can be used later in the evening without a spotlight?

Sightron s3

Spotlighting skippys. Nikon but now running a pst 10x

Comment

chewtah,
      you mean outright, or in given budgets?
      e.g. = under $1200 and over $1200.

among my other scopes, i'm happy with my VX3 6.5-20, but Sightrons, NF, S&B, & March scopes are better, if you got the coin for it.

Comment

• Vromme
        Vromme commented
        Editing a comment
        Meopta. Compared to other high end (swaros, s&b etc) I thought just as good.
        Clearest one I have marginally) is a ZD tactic 4-16 x 42.
        My sight is pretty crappy someone with better vision may disagree.

Swarovski 6i HD series.......nothing comes close, and I have all the others here to compare them to.

Comment

S&B. But I'm biased towards them.

Clarity is hard to define, is it pure resolution or are you talking about contrast as well?

Pure resolution, March is really high up there for me, right next to S&B PMII and Steiner's Mil/Tac scopes. Looked through a Zeiss 6-24 Victory Diavari briefly, thought it was spectacular. Haven't looked through a Swaro 6 series scope, but my eyes don't agree with Swaro glass.

For colour, Zeiss Victory Diavari >/= S&B >/= Steiner. All three are better than Leupold, and I feel Leupold's Mk4 scopes are better than NF in this regard.

Something else as well, Zeiss and S&B have really nice depth of field, where as Steiner, Leupold, NF and March are very flat in this regard.

Having said all that, you really can't say till you look through them yourself.
        Sometimes life gives you lambda points. Just chill, once the bubbling stops s'all good mate.

Brotha's got spinners!

Comment

What sort of magnification are you talking about....if any? Quite frankly I can't fault the H34S Aimpoint Hunter 1X red dot on my .30-06. Can't really complain about the R1 Meopta Meostar 4-16X44 on my .204 either. Both are up to their required job.
          I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

• Snag
            Snag commented
            Editing a comment
            I have not tries the Swaro but so for me it's pretty much neck and neck with S&B and March.

I particularly like the March on my .308 hunter. On 2.5x it's Panavision.

My S&B is usually for long range so I should do a comparision. They both go up to 25x, but the March is a 42 and the S&B is a 56.

VX1 3-9x40 for hunting in the 50-200m range with the 308, dawn or dusk fills the bill.

Comment

• S12A
            S12A commented
            Editing a comment
            The only make that I find to be optically better for me than s&b and march is hensoldt

I just looked up Hensoldt prices.
          they'd wanna be good.

Comment

I can see what I want to shoot with any of em really - I like my Zeiss but honestly I don't have an issue using any of em including the cheaper stuff (Tasco) so long as I can see em I can generally roll em, that's all I need.
            Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

I have compared my Swaro 6i , S&B PMII , Leica , Kahles , Nightforce and Hensoldt......All the top models in low light at the same Magnification, and the 6i Swaro wins hands down......I can shoot things that others beside me can't even see.......they truly are that good.
              I just wish they made a true tactical version for my 50cal.

Comment

• Sambar Country
                Sambar Country commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Harb" post=34764
                I have compared my Swaro 6i , S&B PMII , Leica , Kahles , Nightforce and Hensoldt......All the top models in low light at the same Magnification, and the 6i Swaro wins hands down......I can shoot things that others beside me can't even see.......they truly are that good.
                I just wish they made a true tactical version for my 50cal.
                Give us a look at your .50 cal Harb.

Hendsolt ..

Comment

March 8x80x56, you really have to shot it at full mag to understand....
                I throw sub-moa rocks

If you heard the shot, you weren't the target

Comment

I think Ill have to check out a Swaro to see what the fuss is about Harb. I have the S&B and Zeiss HT so will have to be good to be better then those.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Make sure you look through the 6i series 2....the HD one.....I still can't believe how good they are under low light.

I just love them.......

Here is one on my 416 rigby....... 1-6x24EE 6i

and this one is a 6i 2.5-15x56 on my 270W.......

As far as I'm concerned they are the best Hunting scope you can buy......

For Target and tactical though, I still would go either S&B or Hensoldt though........ I have a couple of Nightforce's as well, but they are not quiet as good IMHO
                Working...
                X