Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What scopes are you using?

What scopes are you guys using?

I need another scope to sit on my HW50S when the PTA comes through and was looking for some ideas. I have a Nikko Stirling and a Hawke 3-9x40 Panorama EV and am thinking something in between the two. Maybe a 3-9x32?

I would like to spend around $220 max to my door (I know, Tight ass)

If it has open sights try them for a while.
    I got a Sharp Innova recently and it wont be getting a scope. Too much extra weight and optical bothers.

Comment

Hawke Varmint 3-12 x 44 (1/2 mildot)

Nikon Prostaff (BDC) 3-9 x 40 (brilliant optics)

Simmons 1.5-5 x 32 shotgun series

AGS 4 x 32 compact (mildot)

Comment

• grmkc
        grmkc commented
        Editing a comment
        The Hawke Varmint is a great scope but beyond the budget. I have the 4 - 16 on the PCP. Extremely clear glass.

I think the Vortex Crossfire now comes in AO and mildots and are around the $200 depending on the outlet. Leaper/UTG have reasonably good scopes as well.

Simmons 6-18x40 on top of my Huntsman and if my FX ever arrives it will be wearing a Hawke Sidewinder, not sure whether to go with the 6-24 or 8-32 at the moment . I started shooting many years ago with a shotgun, DTL and Skeet shooting , and find it very natural to shoot with both eyes open , I was very right eye dominant but with the onset of age it is diminishing so I now use what I call a " blinder" attached to the scope to stop me from seeing double images,

Comment

Hawke AirMax EV, 4-12x50 AO on my SLR98.
        Had a Leupold VX-2, 3-9x33AO EFR on it prior, but decided to go for more magnification.
        Must say, comparing it to the Leupold, the clarity and sharpness is right up there, for nearly $150 less.
        The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Comment

My own favorite scope is the Nikon 3-9 x 40 AO Pro-Staff Target-EFR(Duplex) which I use on my .22 Benjamin Marauder - A top quality optic from a reputable source - You can tell it`s made by that renowned camera manufacturer just by the feel of it
          http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/Nikon-Products/Hunting-Optics/Riflescopes/6734/PROSTAFF-Target-EFR.html

Gotta love my Hawke Airmax 4-12 x 40 AO too with it`s tactical-elevation-knob and it`s Hawke-MAP `can`t miss` recticle - All very handy on a Sub-12FPE PCP with a progressively-steepening velocity-curve like my down-tuned Webley Raider 10
          http://www.deben.com/hawke-airmax-ev-riflescopes/hawke-airmax-ev-3-9x40-ao.html

My new Weihrauch HW77K does`nt need a scope of course because it`s a .20 Cal :P but I have got one of these coming for this legendary under-lever to make it even more perfect http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/WilliamsGunSights.html

Oh yeah and less importantly - the rimmie thing I`ve got has got one of those over-rated Leupolds on it which okay I suppose but is very hard to adjust and my equally tedious centre-bang-stick is now a-little-less-boring for removing the Redfield Revolution I had on it and going back to the OEM Peep`n Posts
          "For it is the doom of men that they forget"

Comment

• retired
            retired commented
            Editing a comment
            Couldn't agree with you more, on the Map6 reticle.
            I love it.

I know nikko has a non perfect rep but my 2-7x32 nikko is compact, clear and tough as nails imo it is a very solid scope.
          It can be picked up for around 150$ give or take?

Comment

Dunno what any of these are like - but for 50 bucks who-cares

http://www.salefeel.com/views.asp?hw_id=542
            "For it is the doom of men that they forget"

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I would prefer to invest the $50 in a bottle of Bundabergs finest than a cheap Chinese knock-off, probably cause less headaches :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Druid 66" post=33635
              Dunno what any of these are like - but for 50 bucks who-cares

http://www.salefeel.com/views.asp?hw_id=542

Leupold 6.5-20x40 EFR

Comment

• Varmtr
              Varmtr commented
              Editing a comment
              6-25x50 MOA SFP Vortex PST on my 22-250.
              Getting a 4-16x50 MOA SFP Vortex PST for my Hornet and another 6-24 Vortex PST for my old mans 20PPC build.

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Consider a scope same brand as you already have, at the least make sure the adjustment goes the same way. Its really funny to be adjusting the scope the wrong way for half a box of bullets till you realize your turning the turrets the wrong way!

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Possibly try second hand?

I would jump the price to around 400 and get a bushnell but that's just me. 200 your looking at something like a tasco.
            Love your country, love your family, love your sport.

Comment

If you want long range Hubble knock up a pretty fair unit. Problem is that anything you shoot at was dead 23 billion years ago.

Don't you just hate that?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hubble.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	53817

Neat lens cap.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                USO sn-9 10-42
                USO SN 3's (x 8 )
                Hendsolt 4-16x56
                S&B Pm II
                Swaro Z6 x6
                NF NXS (x 2)
                Leupold Mk4
                Trijicon 3-9 (x4)
                Elcan specrr Dr (x2)
                Zeiss diarange
                Zeiss diavari 6-24x72
                Kahles KXi (x3)
                Few IOR's, Acogs, aim points and eotechs

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Snag" post=42281
                If you want long range Hubble knock up a pretty fair unit. Problem is that anything you shoot at was dead 23 billion years ago.

Don't you just hate that?

Neat lens cap.

Yes but they even stuffed up, requiring a service trip to put in one washer so it would focus.......how much of a stuff up was that
                Attached Files

Being a horse farmer, my horses eat all of my money, so no Swarovskis of Meoptas for me.

Sabre 6x fixed ---- cheap and nasty but has never let me down, on my farm knock around Zastava
              Redfield Revolution 4-12x var, feels cheap, works ok, turrets doughie and backwards I think
              Leupold VX1 3-9x - on my MK 2 Classic, beautiful scope, but should of got a 12x
              Browning 3-9x -- I think it's a rebadged Elite, on my 320, lovely scope, really like this one
              Bushnell - 3-9x var on my centerfire, talk about reliable! I bought it as a package with my stevens 223 4 years ago, never and I mean never has let me down, through rain, fog, scrub, zombie invasions, its been brilliant

Comment

Night force F1 on my Steyr

Meopta on my BLR

Leupold on t-bolt

Looking at getting a Steiner 5-25x56 for a long range project. any comments on this would be appreciated.

Comment

schmidt bender pmii

Comment

• S12A
                    S12A commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Elcan C79 Wildcat 4X
                    Vortex PST 4-16X50 MIL/MIL
                    Falcon 4-14X44 MIL/MIL
                    Bushnell 10X40 3200 MIL/MIL
                    Leupold MK4 3.5-10X40 MOA/MIL

on the list,
                    Schmidt and Bender 5-25X50 FFP DT/LT/LP CW- MSR - RAL8000

All the scopes I have owned have been junk, except for a Swarovski and I even saw a bad report about one of them in G & G. You pays your money and you takes your chances.

Comment

Working...
                  X