Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leupold vx 2 6-18

G'day everyone
    Looking at a new hunting rifle project! Just wondering anybody's thoughts on leupold vx2 6-18 fine duplex.going to mount it on a Howa .243win varmint.I have a couple of vx2 3-9's mounted on a cz452 22lr and a 222rem and have found them to do the job.

Yeah, I have that exact scope mounted on a Tikka Varmint chambered in .223rem. Obviously it's not a carry around rifle and is shot primarily prone or off a bipod out to 500m or so. The 6-18 power range is a good compromise since whilst you can crank it up to full power for rested distance shots, you can wind it back down to 6x when out in the field since 6x is still a usable hunting power for all but very short range work; the adjustable objective also makes the scope usable at both shorter and longer ranges at the same time too.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by GSR" post=32421
      Yeah, I have that exact scope mounted on a Tikka Varmint chambered in .223rem. Obviously it's not a carry around rifle and is shot primarily prone or off a bipod out to 500m or so. The 6-18 power range is a good compromise since whilst you can crank it up to full power for rested distance shots, you can wind it back down to 6x when out in the field since 6x is still a usable hunting power for all but very short range work; the adjustable objective also makes the scope usable at both shorter and longer ranges at the same time too.
      ^^^^
      This.

I'm a big fan of the VXii range in as much as they wave good glass for the $$$ and are light for their specs. Although the 6X minimum may be a bit high for a walk around .243 its not too high unless your walking up on mobs of pigs.

I have had a VXii 3-9x40 for 7years. Still my goto hunting scope. I like my 2 bushnell 6500 2.5-16 scopes but the leupold is much lighter.

Steve

You won't go wrong with a VXII Leupold, IMO best value for your money scope there is, I have 3 of them with target turrets and all 6-18

Comment

Thanks fellas,We have a major roo problem around here at the moment and the little bastards sit around in groups of 20-60 under the trees a couple of hundred meters out like their Protected! ( Little do they know I'm getting a mitigation permit). Go within that couple of hundred meters and they scatter and its just too far for a humain kill with the little 222rem.So mostly be for medium distances.

Comment

Working...
      X