Suggest me a scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest me a scope

Looking for something like a 2-7, 2.5-8 or maximum 3-9 that has an illuminated reticle..Looking at $500-$1000 range
    It's going on a Browning BLR .308 and really only used for pigs, dogs and foxes, so I wanna keep the weight down..
    Thinking maybe leupold vx3 or vxr, meopta r1.. Open to any ideas..

Maybe a leupold firedot?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Send-it" post=27583
      Maybe a leupold firedot?
      agree, 2-7X33 firedot. one sold today for $525 in excellent condition on used guns

steve

Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x44 in MRAD or MOA . have one mounted on my Ruger Scout . awesome scope for the money
    can be had for around $600 . very clear and reticle is nice to

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Just started using a vx2 2-7x33 and it's a great scope, lightweight and compact. A vx3 or vxr will be even better.

Leupold VX-R, I'm not a fan of leupold at all but looked through one recently and changed my tune.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Moose" post=27793
      Leupold VX-R, I'm not a fan of leupold at all but looked through one recently and changed my tune.
      Mate I was the same, never a leupold fanboy, but after using a couple of the newer ones I've had a change of heart. Yeah there's better glass out there, but for a tough compact scope with a lifetime warranty, no matter how many owners. l reckon they can't be beat. And 7x is plenty for medium size game out to 300m.
      Cheers.

The VXR scopes are nice, I have the 4-12x50 30mm tube. Great scope and very good for spot lighting with the firedot. The firedot is also great in low light conditions, your budget allows enough for a good scope and the VXR's come in an array of lower power scopes in your magnification range. They are very crisp viewing, look through one if you can before ruling them out.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the reply lads.. Went and had a look at few this morning.. Love the leupolds and gotta admit I liked the compact and light nature of the vxr 2-7.. Dot is def daytime bright.
      Liked the 3-9 as well but the 50mm objective may mean ill have to change ring height whereas the 2-7 would be a straight swap..
      Think the 2-7 will be more than enough for pigs anywhere from 0-300m.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Fixed, fine crosshairs 25mm tube, not too big in the front end, maybe max 40mm or your mounts may need to be bigger, maybe mildots.

Leopold 2-7x33 just fine, leave it on 2x, maybe not the Crossbones like I have, crosshairs too wide.

Not sure if they do an illuminated reticle but I've been impressed with the quality of the Nikon optics recently. Worth a look and within your price range.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      It's interesting cos a few blokes I've been out with have rubbished Leupold, then they shot with a 1-4 I've got an were amazed by the clarity..
      They just seem fantastic value for money and great scopes for hunting

The leupold is a pretty safe bet.

BUT if you want somthing a little more high end have you considered the Trijicon

http://www.4scopes.com/scopes/trj-tr201.html
    http://www.4scopes.com/scopes/trj-tr221g.html

JH

Comment

Working...
    X