Show me your bits... ADI | ACI setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show me your bits... ADI | ACI setups

Wasn't sure where to post this... Equipment...Scopes.... So i just rolled the dice...Admins feel free to move this to a more appropriate section if need be.

Calling out all that are running aci and spirit level set ups

So I'm looking to purchase a set for my rifle and I'm tossing up between a few different configurations
    Although I prefer running an ACI that is rail mounted I'm really liking the Flatline Ops configuration

The only off putting thing for me is the bulkiness

I will be using this in conjunction with the ADI from SniperTools.com

Anybody else running one of these...Experiences...Likes/Dislikes?

Your preference?

I haven't had much experience in this field so any info is appreciated.

I was also looking at using the us optics rail mounted swivel spirit level in conjunction with Badger ordnance GENII rail mount and cosine indicator

I find the ACI much easier to use than an ADI ,
    as for levels i personally don't go much on them, people generally have an ability to gauge level with their eyes and that is much quicker and doesn't take you off the scope.
    Your mileage may vary though , especially for ELR

That particular setup looks fine , bearing in mind most levels like that generally have an amount of error of which a loosening swing mount will add too.

Out of interest what has happened to make you think you may need a level?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      cheers S12A
      I think its more of a want than a need factor
      I want to get into some F class shooting and thought it could possibly come in handy to have a spirit level handy when i'm doing some ladder tests during load development and so forth

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I use the US optics level on my .338LM, I run the ACI with badger mounts on my .338Lm and M40A3 .308 however I don't use a level on either of my .308's as I haven't needed one for shooting out to 1000yds yet.

That's strange mate, not ideal at all. I've never had an issue, except for its size. I did like the fact it could be used on either side of the rifle and incorporated the bubble in the housing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P7210018.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	39097

Pics added

JJ

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Jester308" post=25318
      That's strange mate, not ideal at all. I've never had an issue, except for its size. I did like the fact it could be used on either side of the rifle and incorporated the bubble in the housing.
      Ill track down some pics of our setup.

JJ
      yeah mate I was using it on the .338LM but was pretty disappointed with it and the vendor, he grandstanded on the last forum about going to give me my money back but then wouldn't reply to any contact although they look like they have changed the mount from the one I have, anyway it's still here and free to a good home, any takers?

If the vendor is/was the aus distributor then that's not out of character from my experiences with them. If no one wants to take it off your hands mate I'll take it but would rather see it go to someone else who wants one to enter I to the game.

The spuhr mounting block hakkan has works very well, it's unfortunate the mount doesn't fit the SN-3...

JJ

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Jester308" post=25338
      If the vendor is/was the aus distributor then that's not out of character from my experiences with them. If no one wants to take it off your hands mate I'll take it but would rather see it go to someone else who wants one to enter I to the game.

The spuhr mounting block hakkan has works very well, it's unfortunate the mount doesn't fit the SN-3...

JJ
      Not sure if he was or is the Aust. supplier or just a reseller though he is a douche but because of what happened on the last forum I will not be naming the individual involved, anyway shoot me a mailing addy by PM mate and it's yours as there doesn't seem to be much interest in it. I actually thought I had thrown it a while ago but when this thread came up went for a looksee and found it.

Cheers for all your feedback gents

I apologize for the late reply

its given me some food for thought

Comment

Working...
    X