leupold CDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leupold CDS

Hi guys, is anyone running a custom cds turret on their leupolds? If so, what are your opinions, does it have a zero stop and how long did it take leupold to make your turret made up?

Cheers.

G'day 6mmrem,
    I had a custom turret from Leupold on my 6.5 rifle, for 140grn Sierra Gameking projectile, at 2600fps.
    I had it made, from 0 at 200yds with 50yds intervals out to 800 yds.
    There is no physical 0 stop as such, you have to align the mark on the scope with the 0 mark on the turret.
    I have recently ordered one for my .22lr and the all up cost is US$25 and 4 - 6 weeks waiting time.
    Hope that helps.
    The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Ive been looking at one of these for my .308. They look easy to use once set up.
      Think I would go from 100 +, dont think I'd have use for 400yds+ atm

Originally posted by 6mmrem" post=14177
    Hi guys, is anyone running a custom cds turret on their leupolds? If so, what are your opinions, does it have a zero stop and how long did it take leupold to make your turret made up?

Cheers.
    I reviewed mine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED5_0hkgmq8

It takes the guess work out of 'dialling in' so to speak... took a few weeks from memory for the custom turret

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the reply's,
      I was under the impression that the custom made turrets(not the moa one that comes standard) had a little ball bearing and pin installed under the turret which stopped it going below your zero, but also limited you to one rotation only (15 moa). Having only one turn doesn't bother me as this should allow around 700 yards with my load and that's heaps. But being able to find zero with out looking is a must imo.

Cheers.
Working...
X