Which scope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which scope?

Hey guys, ive decided the scope on my annie is just not doing any justice, poor eye relief and weight of the scope is making a good cheek weld tough and is making the rifle unbalanced.
    Im looking for a smaller in profile and weight scope that is atleast 3-12 magnification and a focus range as low as 25m ive looked at clearidge but with the exchange rate and shipping id rather buy from an auzzie shop my budget is around 300-400$
    Thanks for any advice you have to offer.
    Thanks.

I'm no expert but I just ordered a Mueller APV Rifle Scope 4.5-14x 40mm Adjustable Objective APV from http://www.shooters.com.au/product.asp?pID=3344&cID=7629&c=132818
    It gets very good reviews on rimfire central forum and the price was good,
    Worth a look maybe ?
    He who has never made a mistake has never made anything.

Many things have been developed by persons who were not smart enough to realize that they were impossible.

Comment

I highly recommend Meopta. I have several of them. Euro glass (Ive read they provide glass for other high end scope makers Zeiss etc.) excellent optics and built solidly. If you can find one in you LGS have a look and compare to a Leupold vx3 or Zeiss and see what I mean.

You will find that you can buy them here in Aus for the same $ if not cheaper than the US.

Either a Meopro 3-9 x42 of a 4-12 x 50 would do perfectly.

Below Pic: On the left is the 4-12x50 on an Annie 17HMR and right 3-9x42 on a Sako .223.

As you can see the 3-9 is quite a bit smaller/lighter so great for a carry around rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by allrounder_13" post=13442
        Hey guys, ive decided the scope on my annie is just not doing any justice, poor eye relief and weight of the scope is making a good cheek weld tough and is making the rifle unbalanced.
        Im looking for a smaller in profile and weight scope that is atleast 3-12 magnification and a focus range as low as 25m ive looked at clearidge but with the exchange rate and shipping id rather buy from an auzzie shop my budget is around 300-400$
        Thanks for any advice you have to offer.
        Thanks.
        The Nikon Monarch I can recommend and it fits a lot of your criteria..13" long ...4-12x42..you can focus to 50m, (the 25m your asking for might be a bit hard with everything else), and is a side adjustable scope. Which means you have a smaller objective dia which is a bonus. I think you might have to spend about $440 however to get it here from the states.

I have the 4-16 and I'm very happy with it all things considered...very good build quality as well.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the help guys,
          Ive recived some advice. ( from grmkc )
          Which has leaded me to the hawke varmint sf 4-16x44 sidefocus.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the concern, I've checked them out in real life and they go down to 15m.
          A13

Hey, young fella, am I right to assume you are using the Annie mainly for range work, Metallic Silhouette, Field Rifle etc, if so the Hawke scope should be a good choice. You can use the top end of the magnification for sighting in( easier to see where your shots are going ) and then provided there is no change in POI, shoot your matches with whatever magnification your comfortable with. My Sako wears a Leupold VX2 6-18AO and is used for everything, admittedly the crosshairs could be a bit thicker for bunny busting but I use it so much I don't even notice. You are in good hands with GRMKC by the sound of it

Comment

Working...
        X