• Bushnell G-Force 1300 ARC

Any Experience or opinion on this;

http://www.bushnell.com/all-products/laser-rangefinders/g-force-1300-arc

Or an alternative?

Originally posted by BlueBikesBlackGuns" post=939
    Any Experience or opinion on this;

http://www.bushnell.com/all-products/laser-rangefinders/g-force-1300-arc

Or an alternative?
    I own and use the Bushnell Fusion 1600 10x44 bino's.

Very happy with it.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a Zeiss PRF (I believe they only have one model?) - its worked every time day or night and has worked ranging roos out to 1.2kms

I read that the Bushnell Arc 1300 is an excellent unit and apparently excellent value - Its cheaper than the Zeiss. I cant seem to find the comparison article I read but from memory it was the best value rangefinder for hunting

$500 dropped and review inbound. Postage is express NSW to SA so hopefully review this weekend.

Comment

So what can I tell you about the 1300 ARC. In not disappointed but I'm not doing back flips either. For $500 I feel like I got what I paid for.

On the positive side unit is very light weight, compact and the optics is clear and bright given the size of the objective lens.

A point of satisfaction is the range at which the laser manages to lock onto targets with readings well into the 1200m from buildings with the useful range of the laser matching that of my 308. Another feature which comes in surprisingly handy is the option to grab the shortest or alternatively longest range scanned in a burst. Very useful on a small distant object to fire the laser and sweep across the target. (you also know that it grabbed the target due to a icon displayed in the hud).

To the cons. The ad said programmable ballistics for over 2000 rounds. This lead me to think it would be quite customizable. In reality there is 10 trajectories and a table of 2000 rounds with the the closest of the 10 trajectories listed. For my purposes close enough is not good enough and I'm still flipping range cards.

The button to fire the laser takes a lot of effort to push. And this when trying to scan that long range target you often get a wobble as you try to depress the button. Furthermore there is not option to scan contentiously with a maximum laser burst of 7 seconds. I would like to have looked around with the range constantly updating.

BBBG

Comment

• El-Skippo
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice write up BBBG

My only disappointment with mine. Is the display, it can be quite hard to read on a bright day. Other then that i am happy with my Bushy. The ballistic side i don't bother with ( That's what my Isnipe is for on the Iphone ) All i use from mine is the Bino's ( For scouting game ) Then the use of the ranger with the Inclinometer in it. As a + or - a degree out and or a few will have you missing them all important shot's.

• Bullwinkle
        Bullwinkle commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the write up BBBG.
        It's very useful to get first hand experience in real life applications.
        I have been looking into Rangefinders or Bino/Rangefinders and this is
        filed away for future reference.

cheers

bw

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Good review, my hunting buddy has the same unit and pending light conditions it will range to over a 1000m. We were hunting goats at the weekend and I was field testing 178g Amax pills out of my 308. Ranged a number of goats out to 1000m and ended up taking two with the one shot at 830m (913 yards) stone dead on the spot . Took a number of goats out around 700 metres over 5 days. Impressed with his range finder and the 178g Amax pills. The display is very easy to read in bright light and luv the inclination/de inclination readout for DOPE calcs.

Where are you guy's picking these up for $500?

I've seen them around $580 online. Ex-US they are looking about $460 delivered.

Comment

• Bullwinkle
        Bullwinkle commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi snm,
        Is this the one ?
        http://www.nvt.com.au/p/2164/bushnell-6x21-force-1300-laser-rangefinder-201965.html

cheers
        bw

I own this model. Absolutely fantastic. Would highly recommend this unit. Lightweight, easy to grip, clear optics. Small size-fits in top pocket of standard shirt.
      I wouldn't go to the bush without it.
      Go for it....

Comment

After reading as much as I could about rangefinders in a reasonable price range I settled on the bushy 1300 arc, I have been very happy with my choice. It ranges well at realistic ranges 500 to 800m easy and fast and have ranged out to 1240m with a tripod.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X