Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Night vision

Hi to all the night hunters,
    I've finished building a night vision attachment on my air rifle along the lines of Rolaids Video Rolaids Night Vision
    I was mainly using it on pigeons and rabbits. Just like to know would there be any interest in anybody building their own like this. I'm happy to share what I've learnt. I'd probably produce a short Youtube video with links to parts and soforth.

What type of air rifle is your NV bolted to?

would it last on a springer?

if it can be reasonably compact it sounds like another project to clutter my workbench!

stephen
    all times wasted wots not spent shootin'

Comment

Hi Stephen,
      My rifle is one of those compressed air types commonly called a PCP. I fill a small canister under the barrel with 3,000 psi. I use a scuba tank to do that. On this type of rifle there is no recoil.
      I haven't tried it on a springer but I would think it should work.
      It is fairly compact. On my next post I'll include some images so you can get an idea of the size. It does feel a little strange looking at crosshairs on a small screen rather than a scope but you get use to it.
      cheers
      Joe.

Comment

• mattw975
        mattw975 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have dabbled with Home Brew Night Vision on my PCP.

I wouldn't recommend it on a springer or gas ram. I've tried it on both & they do get knocked around a fair bit with the double recoil (even on tuned guns)

A big difference recently was me bringing in a Nightmaster NM800 IR illuminator which works brilliantly (I can get discounted rates on Nightmaster gear....see Group Buy section). Before the NM800 I've dabbled with home brew illuminators, IR lasers, etc but the NM800 is the Mutts Nutts

I look forward to seeing further threads from you on this topic.

Originally posted by Quenda" post=35786
        Hi Stephen,
        My rifle is one of those compressed air types commonly called a PCP. I fill a small canister under the barrel with 3,000 psi. I use a scuba tank to do that. On this type of rifle there is no recoil.
        I haven't tried it on a springer but I would think it should work.
        It is fairly compact. On my next post I'll include some images so you can get an idea of the size. It does feel a little strange looking at crosshairs on a small screen rather than a scope but you get use to it.
        cheers
        Joe.

Many thanks David.
      I'll try and find a 3D printer in Perth first.
      I think I'll get them from Shapeways.
      Will continue.....
      Much appreciated.
      Joe.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Quenda,

I missed that you were in Perth - You're welcome to come and pick up some from me in Midland if you like. If you want to modify them yourself, you're welcome to the original prototype parts before I changed the design - I have a set you can have as a base for holding the tube. No cost. PM me for details -

David
    Working...
    X