What shotguns do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What shotguns do you have?

Seeing as this is the shotgun section so we're all things shotguns in here I thought it may be an idea for us to talk about what shotguns people have.
    I've used shotguns all my shooting life from wing and driven shooting through to sporting clays and have owned a few over the years, including a Browning A5, Remy 1187 (before they were taken from us). I've always had a few double barrels too including a Beretta 682 sporting, CZ SxS, Beretta 686 field, right through to H&R singles.
    Presently I have a Winny 101, 32 and 28 inch barreled Mirokous, a 28 SxS Baikal (Helga cause shes got a big wide but) and a beautiful Beretta SxS Silver Hawk 20ga.

So what other scatter guns do people own? and what do you use them for? What do you like about your particular guns?

Hey
    Since trying clay target shooting a while back i've been hooked, due to financial limitation for my first shotgun i ended up getting an ATA 686 SE which I think is excellent value for money.

However after using it for a while I wasn't entirely happy with it everything about it. So with my tax return I ended up trading it for a Miroku Mk10 Grade 1 Sporter which I'm yet to pickup but i'm sure it'll be everything I wanted!

Jase

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll enjoy the Miroku. Proven design, well made and as reliable as the day is long.

Beretta silver pidgeon, its my first shotgun, and im still waiting on my pta to go get it.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I also purchased the Beretta Silver Pidgeon in left hand for Clays and am happy with it but would really like the opportunity to shot a top dollar shotgun to see if there is a difference in feel etc

• Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by 1HZ-TUFF" post=5542
      Beretta silver pidgeon, its my first shotgun, and im still waiting on my pta to go get it.
      Yep I just bought the same one last week, still waiting on my PTA as well! :lol: bloody torture this waiting game. and of course I have the little ol' Boito for smashing foxes and rabbits etc.

Silver pigeon. Got the dtl aus special edition model. Only had it out the once so far but absolutely love it.

Comment

As a beginner (yet) I wish I had Churchill 20/30 combo as entry shotgun

Any thought?
      Free Men Own Guns Slaves Don’t

To Enslaves a Nation , Disarm The Citizens !

When seconds Count, Police are only Minutes away

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by NannyStateShooter" post=5758
        As a beginner (yet) I wish I had Churchill 20/30 combo as entry shotgun

Any thought?
        Hey - I don't own one but Churchill's have a fairly strong following and I've yet to read anything but good things about them so if it's within your budget and what you want then go for it. Going for the combo would most likely mean you're wanting to do hunting with it as well? If not then you could just get the non-combo one and save a few bucks

Have you picked one up and had a feel of it at all, what did you think of it?

Jase

Beretta 682 here 30 inch sporter, great gun.
      Love your country, love your family, love your sport.

Comment

• moofy07
        moofy07 commented
        Editing a comment
        I only recently purchased a Akkar Churchill with 20 inch barrels.

Mossberg 590 SPX and a Benelli M2. I'm honestly surprised I have no photos of my M2 aside from a "collection" photo.

DSCF0025 by chazbotic, on Flickr

DSCF0030 by chazbotic, on Flickr

Comment

Sig Aurora TR-40 12ga O/U.
        28 inch barrels and a field gun to be sure but she's soo well balanced and swings like a dream.

Comment

Beretta 682 X-Trap (comp gun) flawless shotgun!
          IAC 1887 lever (hunting) soo much fun
          "The Leston" unknown brand (grandfathers old gun)

Dave

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            ATA 686 S. Because I was too cheap to buy a Beretta until I knew I could do it justice. One day I might buy myself a pretty trap gun but realistically I could use the money elsewhere and it does the job.

Lanber 2097 Sporting Lux (U/O)...

Comment

Just bought myself a miroku mk70 sporter.
            New to shotties so im still trying to get my head around chokes lol.
            It shoulders and points perfectly for me.
            It just fits.
            Plus i was told its a cheaper copy of a browning, but with similar build quality.

Cheers

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Pretty much the same as a browning. I have two and love 'em both. One has 32's and the other 28's..the 32's are AWESOME on the duck swamps round here, really good for the long crossers.

I have an IAC lever with an extended magazine and just bought a 692 sporter with 30" barrels.
            Been umming and ahing over getting 30 or 32 as i have only ever swung a 30"

Comment

• Harry
              Harry commented
              Editing a comment
              Chiappa 1887 (western action)
              Stoeger SXS (western action)
              Browning A grade UO (hunting)
              IAC 1887 (hunting)
              Remington 870 (collectors)
              Iszmash single barrel (collectors)
              Browning A5 (collectors)

With love to get a Vepr or Saiga 12 on my collectors also

Cheers
              Harry

Just picked this one up yesterday - Beretta Silver Pigeon 1 Sporter - 30" Barrels bought it for shooting clay's and my little ol Boito SB in my Avitar is for hunting with.

Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I own a range of shotguns, mainly a few good ones, a couple of average ones, an okay one and a terrible one.

miroku mk 70 sporter 30 inch barrels
            shot a few bunnies and foxes with it
            good as gold !

Comment

Winchester Cooey SB 410 (sold it over 25 years ago)
              Stevens SB 410
              Hollis SxS 34" 12g
              Bentley SxS 30" 12g
              Miroku Mk10 Gr5 30" Trap
              Beretta DT10 Trident 30" Double Trap

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Couple of pics that fell off my earlier post...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0560.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	81201

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0785.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	81202
            Working...
            X