New Akkar Churchill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Akkar Churchill

Hi Guys here's a couple of pics of my new Akkar Churchill. Its the sporter model with ejectors and is a left hand model. Ive only had one shot out of it so far, hoping to get out this weekend and give it a good workout. This is my first shotgun i have owned plan to get into basic clay shooting and also have family on a farm so hope to get some foxes as well.

Reasons i chose the Akkar was 1. price- my budget was $1000. 2. 5 year warranty 3. great reviews from other shooters and from the people on the old forum. 4. available in left hand.

Not much more to add except the ejectors work real well!! The spent shells nearly have as much propulsion as my cruddy old air rifle :lol:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20130926_181807.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	22210

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130926_181843.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	22211

Nice one i just picked up a 30' have not fired it yet, what i did find the timber was dryish so i hit it with linseed and turps the wood comes up nice.

Comment

She's a bloody rippa mate, well done on choosing a fine shotgun - enjoy the new found passion for clays!
      Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Varminator" post=4864
        She's a bloody rippa mate, well done on choosing a fine shotgun - enjoy the new found passion for clays!
        The only reason you like shotguns is it gives you a better chance of hitting something. :lol:

Having been bitten by the sporting clays bug I'm now on the lookout for a new shottie (my sxs coach gun isn't particularly suited to clay shooting), and the Akkar is on the top of my short-list. I could pick up a Stoeger/Boito for a few hundred bucks less however the fit and finish of the Akkars certainly seems superior.

Looking forward to your range report!

Comment

Good to hear mate, I think before you go with a particular brand try and shoulder a few and see how it fits, from my very limited experience (read absolutely none) that fit is very important if you want to be able to consistently hit clays.

Have a bit of a look on youtube as there are quite a few good vids regarding the subject - well worth watching before you buy something that's not quite right fit wise.

Good luck with it mate and I look forward to seeing what you end up buying.
        Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Good luck with the new boom stick, looks great!

Comment

I also have one of these, can't fault it. Its definitly no beretta, but its also not as expensive.

Comment

• phoenix
              phoenix commented
              Editing a comment
              What ammo are you using? I have some Federal and Winchester both target 7.5 that i am going to try out.

All I use through mine now for clays is Winchester club loads. From memory they're 28g 7.5 shot. I tried some RC2's and some federal. They both shot essentially the same. I think maybe I'm just not good enough to notice the difference between identical loads made by different manufacturers.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I also have just taken possession of one of these I paid the extra $100 and got the 20" barrels as well, was a bit worried because it is a cheap shotgun but cant fault it yet the finish would put more expensive shotties to shame!!

I picked up my combo last week, and am still itching to try it out.
            I had a go a sporting clays last month and the next day or so I was down at the LGS with my money ready.
            I didn't hit much but it was good fun (using a Morouku)

I'm going to be using Bronzewing Trap ( 7.5 28g 1200fps) but as I am new to shotguns, am not sure if it is also suitable for rabbits.
            I think probably No. 4 or 6 shot for rabbits.

I'm pretty sure the warranty for the Akkar Churchill is 3years.

I will also have to look into looking after the wood. It does seem a bit dry, but I don't want to stuff anything up.

Comment

Congrats on the new spotty mate. Those akkars have a good name. I think you'll find the Akkars only have a 3 year warranty, the ATA's have 5.

Comment

• sirus17
                sirus17 commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks nice, hope it shoots well =)

Congrats Phoenix. I have the combo (30 and 20 inch barrels) sitting in my LGS atm, waiting for delivery of a safe and processing of paperwork . The "Patience, PATIENCE" mantra is popular with me atm.

Let us all know how it goes
              “I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men.

― Robert G. Ingersoll, The Ghosts and Other Lectures

Comment

• phoenix
                phoenix commented
                Editing a comment
                Took her out yesterday for a shot. Had my Akkar and my brother inlaws ATA. Both shot well with no problems at all. Got through a box of clays and plenty of shells. Really happy with the fit and feel of the Churchill. Ended up beating my brother in law by 2 shots!! Fairly new to shotgunning/clays so really cant compare with other guns all is i can say is that i had a blast and cant wait to go again.

Nice mate, yeah they really are bang for bucks them Churchills.
              Love your country, love your family, love your sport.

Comment

Another thumbs up for the Akkar Churchill, I have the 30 in sportier with ejectors as well. So far I have shot IPSC with it and it went great, just the nut behind the trigger. I don't suggest patterning your shotgun during a match :lol:

Hopefully I'll bust some clays with it soon, thanks for the suggest earn on the timber as we'll, I'll give that a go.

Comment

we took our new Akkar Churchill with the 20 & 30" barrel combo out west with us last week. Great gun for the bucks .... put alot of rounds through it with no problems what so ever. Came with 7 chokes all up so not as much swapping between the barrels

here's a couple of videos of it in action

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X