Beretta Silver Pigeon 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Beretta Silver Pigeon 1

    G'day fella's,

    I've been toying with the idea of buying a Beretta Silver Pigeon 1 for a while now, so thought I'd see if anyone owns one and if so what are the good and bad points of them.

    Thanks V
    Whacking Varmints is my passion!

  • #2
    Only bad point is the price tag. I can't fault mine. I have the sporting version.

    Comment


    • Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Shooter" post=2069
      Only bad point is the price tag. I can't fault mine. I have the sporting version.
      Yeah not cheap - but hopefully worth the $$$ Going shopping Wednesday to have a look and if its what I'm after I will buy it.

  • #3
    Anyone have pics of this Shotgun that you speak of ???

    Thanks...

    Comment


    • Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Maverick" post=2072
      Anyone have pics of this Shotgun that you speak of ???

      Thanks...

    • Guest's Avatar
      Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      You wont regret it. My only gripe, is that I keep shooting it so much that I've worn the gold plating off the trigger in under a year!

      My brother was using a few different guns over the last few rounds of Sim Field at the FGA, ended up hot gunning with mine last round. Went and bought himself the same gun last week. Not sure his Mrs is real pleased with me at this point in time!!!!

      Previous to using mine he was set on buying a Miroku Mk70, a good gun, but the Beretta is slimmer in the midsection and points a bit better when coming from a rifle background.


      Click image for larger version

Name:	foxsml.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	20015

  • #4
    If you are getting the Beretta Silver Pigeon I Competition, Beretta offer a free fitting service.

    Complimentary Fitting - Free For All Beretta and Franchi Competition Purchased
    Beretta Australia offers a complimentary stock fitting service to all new Beretta and Franchi competition guns. At Beretta we understand the importance of gun fit and how it affects performance. We have highly qualified staff to accurately measure and modify shotgun stocks to suit you - free of charge. Our fully equipped workshop enables us to perform the required modifications to exact tolerances and a level of finish second to none. Should you require or desire a fully custom made stock, we have a large range of Turkish walnut stock blanks to select from and the skills and equipment to turn out a magnificently finished, perfectly fitting stock to your exact measurements.


    http://www.berettaaustralia.com.au/g/1216869/services.html
    45/70 Government, The only government i trust

    Comment


    • Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by shooter65" post=2123
      If you are getting the Beretta Silver Pigeon I Competition, Beretta offer a free fitting service.

      Complimentary Fitting - Free For All Beretta and Franchi Competition Purchased
      Beretta Australia offers a complimentary stock fitting service to all new Beretta and Franchi competition guns. At Beretta we understand the importance of gun fit and how it affects performance. We have highly qualified staff to accurately measure and modify shotgun stocks to suit you - free of charge. Our fully equipped workshop enables us to perform the required modifications to exact tolerances and a level of finish second to none. Should you require or desire a fully custom made stock, we have a large range of Turkish walnut stock blanks to select from and the skills and equipment to turn out a magnificently finished, perfectly fitting stock to your exact measurements.

      Thanks for that mate, I think ya have to go to Melbourne for that service - I've used a friends Silver Pigeon a while back and shot real well with it, hence the decision to go that way (seemed to fit me well) it's all standard with no mods etc so hopefully buying the same will work?
      http://www.berettaaustralia.com.au/g/1216869/services.html

  • #5
    The Beretta 686 SP is an excellent firearm and could easily last a life time. I strongly encourage people to go do the free fitting, it is a great experience and the guys down there really know what they are talking about.

    Comment


    • Guest's Avatar
      Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      The Silver Pigeon is a great gun. Have some fun with it.

  • #6
    Thanks for all the reply's fella's, I'm looking forward to putting it through its paces I can tell ya.
    Whacking Varmints is my passion!

    Comment


    • Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Just rang FAR and the PTA went in the post today - 6 days all up since receiving to issuing - not bad at all!
Working...
X