CMC pumpaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMC pumpaction

Hey guys, am looking at a pumpaction shotgun, secondhand which is a CMC mountaineer pumpaction 12 gauge, can't find much out about them, it has had a fall and the wooden slide has a crack in it and has been glued back together. So am alittle worried if I buy it and the wood comes apart, I won't be able to replace it. Everything else on this shotgun is like new.
    So the question is would it be similer to other brands of pumpactions like the Mossberg 870 or winchester 1200/1300, as I see a shop selling the full rear and front stocks for the brands mentioned.

Originally posted by Viper" post=42665
    Hey guys, am looking at a pumpaction shotgun, secondhand which is a CMC mountaineer pumpaction 12 gauge, can't find much out about them, it has had a fall and the wooden slide has a crack in it and has been glued back together. So am alittle worried if I buy it and the wood comes apart, I won't be able to replace it. Everything else on this shotgun is like new.
    So the question is would it be similer to other brands of pumpactions like the Mossberg 870 or winchester 1200/1300, as I see a shop selling the full rear and front stocks for the brands mentioned.
    Mossberg for strength, Remington for speed......avod the others.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      CMC Mountaineer Pump Action Shotgun???????

WTF?

Can you put up a pic?

I thought all the CMC Mountaineer's were rifles produced by Howa back in the late 1900s.

Mick.

Hello!
    My father had a gunshop/repair business back in the 90's. He had a customer bring in a CMC pumpy that had a broken cartridge stop inside it. I remember looking at the gun and noting that it had similar workmanship/quality to the Howa rifles....pretty good!.......but you couldn't buy any bits or parts for them since they had stopped importing them. They were made in Japan and even back when I seen this particular pumpy the value was greatly affected by the availability of parts....nice looking gun, just couldn't get any bits for it!
    Pilch303
    Oh dear, how sad....never mind.

Comment

Hmmm that would explain the recoil pad having the Howa brand name on it, thought it might of been an add on.

Sorry mate haven't got a pic, though might buy this shotgun just for the sake of there doesn't sound like many of them out there so might be worth something down the track.

Comment

• adamjp
        adamjp commented
        Editing a comment
        It'll be worth pretty much nothing down the track.

1) not a name brand.
        2) no spare parts support
        3) there is ZERO collector value for pump action shotguns in Australia as most folks can't own one

Seriously, don't waste your time.

If you can get it for the right price, its in good working condition (aside from the stock) intend to use it for what it's made for and prepared to wear any possible depreciation, go for it.

Or you could pay a premium on something that does the exact same thing

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        My brother inlaw just picked up a CMC single barrel from an old fella he has just bought some land off. They are a Brazillian company.
        I wouldn't imagine they would be worth much.

CMC = Commercial Marketing Co. It was an Australian company - I think they were the original importers of Howa's which of course they had rebranded as CMC Mountaineers. I think they have some connection to Oberon (may have owned property out that way?) .
      Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

The price is right and I know the pumps personal history how it was kept and looked after, just not to sure about the furniture on it, the repair job might last, though I don't have that much faith in wood and glue in an area of hard use.

Comment

• El-Skippo
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          If treken is on this forum, I am sure he could do a duplicate. If you send the bit you want done. He makes them out of bamboo from memory as bamboo is much stronger, gotta admit some of the stocks he had done were very impressive.

Cheers Skip might be another option

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          if you buy it why not just buy an 870 fore end to replace it?
      Working...
      X