Franchi Affinity Inertia operated Semi Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franchi Affinity Inertia operated Semi Auto

Does anyone have any experience with the inertia type autos.
    The Beretta 1200f and Benelli are two that come to mind from the past, but I've been considering the new Franchi Affinity
    Any Pros / Cons compared to Gas operated?

In the good old days, owned a Frachi pump, and a Spas 12, which was a semi auto, that could be operated as a pump with the push of a button, big and bulky though good when operating however most people had feed problems. the small pump had a 16'' barrel and detachable stock.

Comment

Originally posted by inverness " post=38505
      I've not really used inertia autos - the ones I've owned have been gas operation.
      It'll be cleaner as you don't have any gases venting back to operate the action.

Comment

• inverness
        inverness commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I thought of that, and also no replacing gas ring & 'O' rings etc.
        I hear that you might notice the difference in recoil after extended shooting periods with the inertia type guns, but it's
        only going to be for work, not a full afternoon ion the range so I'm not overly concerned. The Benelli M2 (inertia) has earned itself a good reputation
        for simplicity & reliability and that's what I'm looking for, but a lot of people are looking at me funny when I mention the inertia driven guns.
        Granted....a lot of people don't even know about them and have only ever known recoil & gas operated guns anyway.

Franchi Spas 12 & Pa8 really have nothing in common with inertia shotguns.
        I too have owned both + a Franchi Law12 and none of them are suitable for my needs today

True, just a comment on Franchi

Comment

Had some experience with the beretta 1200, but that was a long time ago.

The main selling point for inertia is this: The USMC never adopted a gas operated shotgun. They did adopt the inertia operated M4

That alone speaks volumes as to the reliability of the system.

Comment

I once owned a Berreta 1200.The one i had was very finicky what you fed it.Once in a while it would not eject some cartidges .The gun was very light and in the end i got rid of the plastic fantastic and kept my Berreta A303 gas operated shotty that kicked less and never ever jammed.Then came along Howard,you know the rest.A hunting mate owned a Berreta 1201 Inertia and it was very reliable.Bennelli make the best inertia shotguns in the world and have a fantastic reputation.
          Read somewhere that the new Browning A5 is inertia operated.Do not know anything about the Franchi Affinity,but being part of the Berretta empire it would more than likely based on the Bennelli action.cheers

Comment

Originally posted by inverness " post=38505
            The Beretta 1200f and Benelli are two that come to mind from the past, but I've been considering the new Franchi Affinity
            I've had both the 1200F and a Benelli M1 and the Benelli is way better. I sold it a few years back in a moment of stupidity. As it is the dealer who bought it contacted me recently to see if I wanted to buy it back. Mine was the police model with lengthened forcing cone, mercury recoil reducer and open sights. 20" barrel. Have to decide if I want to drop $2000 on something that I can't use to it's capacity. I also used a few Benelli Super Black Eagles when duck shooting in NZ. a very slick shottie to shoot.

Regards
            jb

PS are you giving up on the 870

Comment

• inverness
              inverness commented
              Editing a comment
              G'day JB,
              nah I could never give up on the 870, shit it's been good to me.
              I am just looking for a bit longer range/tighter choke.
              I don't want to mess with the barrel on it so I looked into an interchangeable one.
              I got quoted $550 for the 28" barrel with 1 x mod. choke, and $55 each for extra chokes.

Perhaps somebody might know where to find a used 870 barrel?

http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=27510

Its a 20" barrel

regards

Dan

Comment

Working...
            X