Extended and flush chokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended and flush chokes

Hi all I am new to shotguns and I am wanting to know if you can shoot a under/over shotgun with one extended choke and one flush choke?
    I have a maverick hs-12 and I got a extended choke for it
    But once I fitted it it looks like it sticks out too far to be able to shoot the bottom barrel any input would be great Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	44128

I was gonna say it should be OK until I saw the pic.
    You sure they didn't send you a holesaw by mistake?
    That's on the long side. The shot from the bottom barrel might clip the front edge.
    I'd guess you'd have to pattern it to see.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Nigel-l" post=31489
      I was gonna say it should be OK until I saw the pic.
      You sure they didn't send you a holesaw by mistake?
      That's on the long side. The shot from the bottom barrel might clip the front edge.
      I'd guess you'd have to pattern it to see.
      Yeah, what is that thing; a muzzle break/flash hider or something?

Never seen anything like it,the hole saw descrition says it well.How heavy is the choke?I would think you would get some powder or some thing sticking on the long choke when you fire the bottom barrel.Get a nother one and have two chokes the same length.cheers

Comment

Thanks for the reply's guys I like the hole saw description!! The choke is a carlson brecher choke I think I will stick with the flush chokes though as I don't want to damage anything myself included!!

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        What kind of choke restriction does it have or is it just wide open for close quarters work?
        I think if you want to run it, then a second one of the same length would be the go.

That sort of choke is for law enforcement / military use with breeching rounds to remove door looks / hinges. It is designed to be placed against the lock to be breeched and a round fired. It is vented for safety reasons.
      It probably has no actual choke at all and has no civilian sporting application.

It would probably be safe to use in your gun if the collar of it does not partially occlude (block) the other barrel.
      Could you fit two of them in the gun ?
      This post may be fact or opinion, it is up to you to decide which.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes no real civilian or sporting application I just liked the look of it and for $30 I thought I would give it a try.
        When I look through the bottom barrel you can just see the the tip of it.
        You can't fit two of them on at once.
        Thanks for all the response

What you are saying is the choke has no usefull use but blowing locks off doors,i think you have just thrown $30 down the drain.What sort of cartidges do the cops or the army use when using the lock busting method,interesting use but unless you are going into breaking down doors or lock busting why bother with it.Carlsons make very good extended chokes to fit most guns and throw excellent patterns,and i own about four of them and can say they are great.I suppose i have learnt something new today and that is a good thing i suppose.cheers

Comment

looks more like an apple corer.

I would imagine the wad (and all the lead shot inside it) exiting the bottom barrel would hit it.
        don't be surprised if the gun recoils "up" upon firing the bottom barrel.
        that would be a good time to check something.
        e.g,....a bruised shoulder and a damaged set of barrels.
        that's just my guess.
        by all means let us know how it goes though.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what I was afraid of looks like after reading all of these posts I will shelve this setup and stick with the flush chokes thank youfor all your input and reply's.

Hey maverickhs12, can I ask were you got that choke from? I saw a Youtube clip with a guy in the US running the same choke, looks pretty awesome

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          If you are referring to the video with the camo pattern hs12 and the torch setup I actually bought it off him.
          I posted a question on YouTube asking what model fits the maverick and he replyed saying he had one spare because he could not fit two on.
      Working...
      X