Akkar Churchill Shotguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akkar Churchill Shotguns

Hi all, I was in the LGS today and was having a play with a few future purchase's and the Akkar Churchill combo came across the table, i personally don't know much about shotguns but was after a bit of a first hand review of these for a for a first shotgun, my primary use for it will be as a scrub gun, and maybe later shooting some clay's, so my question is has any one shot one and how do they perform for an entry level Shotgun, I'm by no means expecting it to be a Holland and Holland but would like it to be a reliable gun

I bought one last week (haven't shot it yet though; still waiting for the PTA to come through so I can take it home), however have previously shot clays with the Akkar on several occasions using mate's guns. For the money they are great value; far better presented and finished than the Boitos/Stoegers and around the same money (my 30" sporter with extractors and extended screw-in chokes cost me $680 brand new on special from my LGS; I believe the model with ejectors runs a bit over a hundred bucks more).

I find that they're well balanced and come to the shoulder well, and have found myself shooting just as well with the Akkars as I have with Beretta $2500 club guns. I would say that if you had $1500 to spend then maybe a nice Miroku might be worth looking at, however for a sub-$1k shottie you can't go past these Akkars.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by GSR" post=24471
      I bought one last week (haven't shot it yet though; still waiting for the PTA to come through so I can take it home), however have previously shot clays with the Akkar on several occasions using mate's guns. For the money they are great value; far better presented and finished than the Boitos/Stoegers and around the same money (my 30" sporter with extractors and extended screw-in chokes cost me $680 brand new on special from my LGS; I believe the model with ejectors runs a bit over a hundred bucks more).

I find that they're well balanced and come to the shoulder well, and have found myself shooting just as well with the Akkars as I have with Beretta $2500 club guns. I would say that if you had $1500 to spend then maybe a nice Miroku might be worth looking at, however for a sub-$1k shottie you can't go past these Akkars.
      OK, so just picked mine up today and when going over it was pleasantly surprised to find that it also comes with a barrel-select switch incorporated into the safety. Beautifully finished receiver and woodwork, extended briley chokes; it's a hell of a lot of shotgun for $680! Out of the box the action was quite stiff to fully open though, however it improved greatly after I gave all the friction surfaces a good oil; I'm guessing that after I put a 3 or 4 boxes of shells through it tomorrow busting some clays out at Cecil Park it will loosen up a bit more too.

Lol.. Also just purchased the Churchill combo last and am also waiting for the PTA to come through..
    Haven't heard a bad thing about em and for a scrub (non skeet) gun, I think it's going to be perfect!
    Can't wait to give it a whirl
    Don't think u can go to wrong bud

Comment

• several
      several commented
      Editing a comment
      I handled a couple akkar shottys and they seem like a good gun for the money.

I am the Saturday boy at the local gun shop and we have sold our fair share of akkar shot guns and there has never been a come back

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers Guys for the feedback, I was amazed at how well it shouldered strait up,of the table, it just "fit". I'll be back in the shop during the week to pick up my 223 so I don't think i'm gonna have much change for the pub next weekend :lol:

I'm another happy Akkar owner. I have the 30" Sporter with ejectors. Probably put 1000 rounds through it shooting pigeons, foxes, and busting a few clays. A few people told me to spend more money but I wanted something that I wasn't too worried if it got a few knocks on the back of the ute. It has been great and most people that use it are surprised when I tell them how cheap it was. I wish I had bought the combo, but I didn't want to wait and I guess now I have an excuse to buy something else in 20".

Comment

Hi Mate, I have one its a great gun.

check out this link for a topic i started about the akkar for some more info

http://shootingaustralia.net/forum/shotguns/632-new-akkar-churchill

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Handed over the cash for sporter last week looking forward to busting some clays in 28 days
    Working...
    X