Goodbye to trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye to trap

It is with a heavy heart that I post this it looks as though my compeditive shooting days are over. This is due to a mixture of not enough cash/angry wife . I will still be going to the odd club shoot just no comps or 2 day shoots :S .i had olney been doing comps for a year or so and had a blast ( pun intend ). I will say this though look to see me make a come back in about 15 years ( kids all grown up I hope ) till then good luck smoking them

Bloody women! Why is it that they want us to be miserable like they are? Time to leave her mate.

Comment

Don't worry it goes through my mind lol I'll just go down to the safe and pull the u/o and oil it and weep

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, some of the other guys my age marvel at the toys (guns, vehicles, boats, etc) that I've acquired and all the holidays & hunting trips I get away on, and when they find out what I do for a crust (as in work a regular average-wage job, not live off a generous inheritance or past lotto winnings) they'll usually say without missing a beat "ahh, so you mustn't be married then!". How did they guess?

• TwoFourThree
        TwoFourThree commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by mr boswell" post=13835
        Don't worry it goes through my mind lol I'll just go down to the safe and pull the u/o and oil it and weep
        Just make sure you oil it AFTER you weep. We would not want any rust spots. :lol:

Nothing should ever get in the road of shooting.
      Love your country, love your family, love your sport.

Comment

I have it very good. An understanding wife who doesn't mind me shooting and no kids to act as bottomless money pits.

Now if I could just get the missus into shooting with me it would be awesome!

Comment

• TwoFourThree
          TwoFourThree commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by PKFFW" post=13916
          I have it very good. An understanding wife who doesn't mind me shooting and no kids to act as bottomless money pits.

Now if I could just get the missus into shooting with me it would be awesome!
          Ask RAMARK about a wife that shoots ! :lol:

What about when you have kids that shoot ? I know of some that fire 'their' packet of cartridges three times.

Sorry for your loss mr boswell.

My sympathies to you and your shotguns.

Thanks...

Comment

FWIW I only started shooting about 1.5 yrs ago and also have a 11mth old baby.

I understand that family comes first and shooting is only a hobby. I only shoot once a month (whole day) but do have the opportunity to shoot more often but don't as I like spending quality time with my baby and my wife needs a break every now and again.

However I've managed to fit everything in and whilst my wife isn't a big fan of guns she understands I like shooting and lets me do it.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't worry the fun police will stop you at any point in your life baby or not..... just buy the kid an over and under and live vicariously through them
        Working...
        X