Lever action 12g shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lever action 12g shotgun

I was thinking of getting one. I need to know the pros and cons,cost andif there are any 2nd hand ones for sale. cheers

Please ensure you post threads in the correct sub-forum it saves the mods a lot of work
    Sent via pony express and mail plane

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thread moved.

Originally posted by bundychris" post=9724
    I was thinking of getting one. I need to know the pros and cons,cost andif there are any 2nd hand ones for sale. cheers

I only know of two makes for the lever shotgun Chiappa and IAC. Chiappa is Italian made and good stuff, IAC is Asian made and not so good but there is a big price difference.
    Love your country, love your family, love your sport.

Comment

I knows a couple of people with them, from what I have seen they are pretty temperamental and always seem to have problems feeding or extracting. But when they work they are good fun.

Comment

• Jason Lefty
        Jason Lefty commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Ronin" post=11990
        I knows a couple of people with them, from what I have seen they are pretty temperamental and always seem to have problems feeding or extracting. But when they work they are good fun.
        You gota really work the lever, if you be a pussy with the lever it will have feeding issues.

• Diver13
        Diver13 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a smithed iac 12g and its never missed a beat .. It's great fun , from what I've read from other forum members , you either get a good one .. Or a bad one guess I was lucky . If you can get a smithed iac I'd highly recommend it
        Regards Diver13

i'm pretty sure there are the newest one being imported

TAYLORS 1887 LEVER ACTION SHOTGUN
      12 GAUGE, 5 SHOT, CHOKES
      22" BARREL, COLOUR CASED HARDENED RECIEVER

Click image for larger version

Name:	index_picture7.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	28316

Comment

They seem to be a bit hit and miss. A lot of the early ones had dramas and I think that has put a lot of people off of them. I've had my 1887 chiappa for about 2 years and run thousands of rounds of buckshot birdshot and slugs through it and it hasn't missed a beat.
        WTB: 38/40 barrel or donor rifle, snider/p53 lock and breech parts, 10-15 round blued 38 super 1911 mag, AIA/skk mag with star on the side. Pm me on forum.

Comment

Got 2x IAC one has been worked by http://www.sbactiongunsmithing.com.au/ works great with chokes, action smoothed, extended mag to hold 9 total the other has great wood and has only fired a box or two of ammo. It hasn't been worked on but you work the lever hard on these girls and they work fine. They are heaps of fun for shooting pigs & clays, i can hit a clay 3 times before it hits the ground.
          Got it, Load it, shoot it..

Comment

I have an IAC and the only time I've had an issue is from when I haven't been firm enough with it, and like most have stated they are just fun. if you can get your hands on one go for it. Just be firm when you work the action.

Comment

Working...
            X