SLR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLR

Far be it for me to torment everyone...but I'm gonna torment everyone. Sorry guys

http://www.firearmsales.com.au/listi...isting_id=7501

Notable for the reason its an L1A1...very like the one I have held at my local range, but could not shoot.

$2000, eh

Now that's a bit of a kick in the teeth.
    Lithgow addicted, with no sign of a cure.

Comment

Without wishing to rain on your parade ground I recall many moons ago when IPSC shooters, we had a choice of these types of firearms. I never liked the L1A1 hated the silly sights, loved my SKK, and usually shot a semi similar to the AR15. Those were the days back before 1996, things change and at least now in IPSC I get to shoot a 303, and best of all I have fallen in love with a western action Winchester bloody great fun to use.

Comment

You're not raining on anything susan. SLRs were pretty popular for service comps, so I believe, along with ARs etc but I missed out on that by a bit more than a decade. I'd love to shoot IPSC rifle but don't think its rated for any NSW ranges.

Comment

Used one back in the late '70s. From recollection they were pretty heavy firing offhand and a bit fiddly getting the gas regulator right for the thing to cycle properly. I used to fire them left hand and had to put up with shells ejecting across my face and all the gunk coming out of the action. Recoil wasn't a real drama although can recall getting the occasional boot firing prone if I got slack. Still reckon I could take one apart, easy to clean.

Would I get one now?.....you bet yah.
          I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Sambar Country" post=37872
            Used one back in the late '70s. From recollection they were pretty heavy firing offhand and a bit fiddly getting the gas regulator right for the thing to cycle properly. I used to fire them left hand and had to put up with shells ejecting across my face and all the gunk coming out of the action. Recoil wasn't a real drama although can recall getting the occasional boot firing prone if I got slack. Still reckon I could take one apart, easy to clean.

Would I get one now?.....you bet yah.

Guys I know reckon they could still strip one blindfolded after 20-30 years

Bit of motivation to learn in a screaming NCO i guess lol

*big belly laugh*
          I hear you Win88 :P

I'm just wondering where my hair (and breath) went nowadays...

Any of you blokes heard of DSA Arms in the States?
          I managed to call into their stand at SHOT Show in Vegas this year. They make all sorts of FAL's/SLR's for the American market. Had some really nice short barrelled SLR's with extra accessory rails and one even had an M203 GL attached.

I did have some good pics, but my hard drive shat itself, and I'm trying to get the data recovered.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Forward!
          Where we are, where we belong, where we should be.

Comment

• Omega_Rifles
            Omega_Rifles commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by 22F" post=37924
            *big belly laugh*
            I hear you Win88 :P

I'm just wondering where my hair (and breath) went nowadays...

Any of you blokes heard of DSA Arms in the States?
            I managed to call into their stand at SHOT Show in Vegas this year. They make all sorts of FAL's/SLR's for the American market. Had some really nice short barrelled SLR's with extra accessory rails and one even had an M203 GL attached.

I did have some good pics, but my hard drive shat itself, and I'm trying to get the data recovered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah DSA are keeping the SLR / FAL going strong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmJhFIPKmcc

i remember years ago the yanks had slr chop the barrel so it pass the gas reg then refit the flash hinder back on ago after a few hundred rounds the flash hinder went down range boys was it a lot nosiey then the standard length barrel

Comment

I got my first Marksman qualification with an SLR. A good, but not perfect battle rifle.

Comment

the slr is the love of my life rifle. marched out of kapooka and singleton with skill at arms trophy and got my cross rifles at the battalion with it. remember at kapooka doing the falling plate part of the challenge gun was full with mug, a quick run under the tap and onto the mound and drop the plates. a good fix for the gas was put it on 0 and leave it there, raeme used to hate me when the guns got sent back for a new gas plug and weld job lolol

Comment

Working...
              X