Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Zealand toys

Hi guys,

Just thought I would post up a few pictures of my firearms I own in New Zealand, There all sitting in my Fiancee's dads shed atm all wrapped up..

These are photos of a Norinco NHM-90 (AK Clones), Remington 870, Ruger 10/22 suppressed and a Howa 2500 .223, Norinco M14 Suppressed
    Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEGImage42831.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	36073

Name:	JPEGImage145957.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	36067

Name:	JPEGImage137296.jpg
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	36068

Name:	JPEGImage144424.jpg
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	36069

Name:	JPEGImage134843.jpg
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	36070

Name:	JPEGImage71696.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	36071

Name:	JPEGImage34505.jpg
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	36072

Name:	JPEGImage42754.jpg
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	36074

Name:	JPEGImage44333.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	36078

Name:	JPEGImage47444.jpg
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	36079

Name:	JPEGImage81440.jpg
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	36080

Name:	JPEGImage118621.jpg
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	36081

Name:	JPEGImage74935.jpg
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	36082

Comment

• moofy07
      moofy07 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well that's right rub it in.

Nice
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

************************************************** **********************************************

Very nice shooters.

Takes me back to the time when I owned these fine toys in Australia.

Thanks...

************************************************** ************************************************

Comment

Sorry for the different sizes I recovered them off an old memory stick, The P90 looking one is the 10/22 in the p90 airsooft stock... Didnt keep it in it for long as a 10/22 is so much nicer to shoot as a 10/22

The Norinco M14 is damn heavy!! But the NHM90 is a comfortable scrub gun..

The little pistol is a Umarex CP99 .177 air pistol (no license required) such a fun little thing..

Out of all the rifles I have over there the 10/22 is my favorite god i miss that thing!! Nothing like going out possum hunting at night with a suppressed 10/22

Comment

• Tornado-Technologies
          Tornado-Technologies commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Dan R" post=21568
          Sorry for the different sizes I recovered them off an old memory stick, The P90 looking one is the 10/22 in the p90 airsooft stock... Didnt keep it in it for long as a 10/22 is so much nicer to shoot as a 10/22

The Norinco M14 is damn heavy!! But the NHM90 is a comfortable scrub gun..

The little pistol is a Umarex CP99 .177 air pistol (no license required) such a fun little thing..

Out of all the rifles I have over there the 10/22 is my favorite god i miss that thing!! Nothing like going out possum hunting at night with a suppressed 10/22
          I heard that possums are basically NZ's rabbits, is that correct? Assuming they're not native and pests from Australia?

Yeah they are a big problem over there and extremely common

We would go out every night with the 10/22 and would get at least 20-30 a night we then would pluck them and collect the fur to take to the council who would give us either Money or more ammo they had out the back. We always took the Money and went and purchased CCI subs.

They also have a big problem with Rabbits and hold Easter bunny hunts where you pay for a block of land and ammo is supplied to you to shoot as many rabbits as you could.

Fun sensible shooting over there.. Its easy to get permission to shoot on crown land and walking up the street with a firearm is ok IF you have a lawful excuse ie going to the gunsmith.. I walked out of the gunshop with my Bushmaster Carbon15 under my arm to my car and noone looked twice.. That was in the deep south of NZ though, great people down there but hard to gain trust with but once you do you have it for life.. Probably not a wsie idea to carry an AR around Auckland.

They have problems with Stouts, Ferrets, Hedgehogs rabbits, hares, possums, deer, magpies, wallabies.. All are fair game

Kind Regards

Dan

Comment

Also duck season is HUGE over there!! Best days out ever!! Spend all year feeding up the ducks and then 6am on the start of duck season the whole place is filled with the sound of shotguns lol love it..

Another pest they have there is the Canadian Goose which in Canada i think you can only shoot one a year whereas in NZ as many as you like..

Kiwis are all about conservation though, they only shoot what they need.

Comment

• Roughneck Jase
            Roughneck Jase commented
            Editing a comment
            We can get these guns in Australia once again, ladies and gentlemen. All we need is a lot more effort from our side of the debate in getting the bans and restrictions on both Category C and Category D firearms rolled back (no halfway measures e.g. relegalising .22RF semi-auto rifles).

Start with a Coronial Inquiry into 1996..

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Dan R" post=23770
            Start with a Coronial Inquiry into 1996..
            Agreed.

Hey Dan, nice to make your aquaintance.

You have some fine items there. Are the centrefire rifles in semi auto limited to 10 round mags? Or do you just prefer 10 rounds?

I hear that collectors there can have fully functional full auto firerams. Ie; subguns, belt fed etc.

Are you able to tell us what is involved for an Australian wanting to live/gain citizenship there? Would love to go there once I'm done at Uni, and if I could get a job that would allow me to stay...and play

I am very fond of the M1A/M14, but have never even handled one. I like the barrel lenght you have, and feel it would be pretty versatile provided the person had the stamina to lug it around! And the AK clones, wow. Such beautiful items, these would be one of my first choices.

I friend of mine told me that he had heard years ago that soemone in NZ had a small scaled .22 gatling gun, that was used for fun as part of a western action shoot. Not sure if that would be true, but it seems anything is possible in NZ.

Comment

Hi mate,

As an Australian you are entitled to live and work in New Zealand indefinitely its a special visa we get when we go over there, to become a citizen would be basically the same process as you would in Australia.

I am unsure on the collecting side of things in NZ but I believe you are correct about full autos.. I also know you can own anti aircraft guns and grenade launches as the ammunition for them is not available. I also think the collectors license over there is hard to get so I wont go into that license as I have no knowledge of it

I only had an A Cat license which was a general firearms license that covers you for a large range of firearms used for hunting in New Zealand these include bolt actions, shotguns, semi auto rifles and shotguns. I believe you are restricted to 7 round magazines on the centrefire semi's and 10 round on the rimfire semis or was it 15 rounds hmm cant remember .

There is no requirement for registration of A cat firearms and you can just walk into a gun shop and buy what you want when you want no questions asked just show your license works extremely well..

The process is very straight forward and very transparent, you even have a Vetting officer come round and talk to you and then your partner to get to know you, they even take your partner into another room and ask them if they are ok with you owning firearms.

The laws and the Police enforcing the laws are pretty good.. actually excellent!! I had great dealings with them even had one of the local boys come down for a shoot one afternoon still in uniform.

Their laws are no bull laws and treat the licensee with trust not distrust with red tape everywhere.

Just go over there as an Australian mate live there work there don't become a citizen you dont need it unless your planning to go over there onto the dole.

I believe they just brought in a law in regards to military like appearance and the banning of them, we will see how long this lasts though the people seem to be able to still control the government over there so if the people are not happy then the Government will listen.

Hope that helps mate

All the information is available on there website

Comment

Ohh and your license is valid for 10 years and cost me 127NZ

No need for PTA's

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Mmmmmmmm Donuts!

(Edited by Homer), How remiss of me, I forgot to mention FJWH!!!

Doh!
                Homer

Gotta lose the stock from the AK man. Goddamn I hated that one on mine.

I swapped it for a black poly stock (temporarily..) and US Palm grip, waaaay nicer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZpCiP-WF_A
              https://www.youtube.com/user/PATHFilmsNZ

Comment

Also if you find the NZ police policy with regards to firearms to be trusting and pleasant in comparison to Australia, I can only shudder at the thought of how bad Australian policy and enforcement must be, because it ain't that positive
                https://www.youtube.com/user/PATHFilmsNZ

Comment

• AUSSIE
                  AUSSIE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by PATHfilmsNZ" post=24743
                  Also if you find the NZ police policy with regards to firearms to be trusting and pleasant in comparison to Australia, I can only shudder at the thought of how bad Australian policy and enforcement must be, because it ain't that positive
                  Yep I've found that to be true! NZ Police in general tend to have a totally different attitude, not so arrogant when dealing with you and actually seem to give a toss instead of the old "not my problem" you get from a lot of Australian Police. They are also far more mature and sensible when dealing with firearms issues. Most of them I've dealt with are totally fine with civilian firearm ownership and I've never met one that thinks only the "authorities" should have access to guns!

Thanks Dan, very informative!

Good to hear about us having a special visa. Very tempting to head over there, had about enough of the discrimination here.

Cheerio.

Comment

I'm thinking of going over there for a working holiday what the best time to do it and find work?

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Originally posted by Rat man407" post=30729
                    I'm thinking of going over there for a working holiday what the best time to do it and find work?
                    Im not sure on that one mate, I guess it all depends on what kind of work you are looking for and how much or should I say how little you want to get paid..

If your going South then Winter is a good time around Queenstown get work as its the snow period or go up to Wanaka

I went over in January and was there for two years learning to fly planes and even in January it was damn cold down the bottom but I was just working part time as a doorman and Speights Ale House (awesome beer) and culling possums every other night
                Working...
                X