Bren Gun Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren Gun Demo

Came across this in my travels, and was surprised to see someone in Oz doing a Bren gun demo - in what looks like Victoria not doubt too. Nice.

Originally posted by Tornado-Technologies" post=18836
    Came across this in my travels, and was surprised to see someone in Oz doing a Bren gun demo - in what looks like Victoria not doubt too. Nice.

Drills and technique was atrocious, but who doesnt love a BREN?

Thanks,

Oddball

Comment

• Windrider
      Windrider commented
      Editing a comment
      So true on both counts. That bloke seriously needs the assistance of a Number 2 Gunner.

The only thing I didn't like about the Bren was the underneath ejection. Shooting prone uphill or on a mound like he was is likely to result in some rather hot brass trickling down your shirt front!

Totally unsurprised its in VIC - the VMRC lol

Comment

• Jagdtiger
      Jagdtiger commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by zhuk" post=18858
      Totally unsurprised its in VIC - the VMRC lol
      I was going to say that sounds like Jeff Pannan talking and it is

http://www.standard.net.au/story/742205/a-bren-hits-the-target-for-gun-buffs/

Damn it Tornado. Now I have "Piston, Barrel, Butt, Body, Bipod" going round and round in my head.

No trees were harmed in the production of this post, but some electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Comment

• DILLIGARA
      DILLIGARA commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Windrider" post=18885
      Damn it Tornado. Now I have "Piston, Barrel, Butt, Body, Bipod" going round and round in my head.

+1

Ya never forget that...learnt in Cadets in '60s and haven't seen one since then but still remember that sequence.

yes it is jeff firing his bren

it was a lang lang vra range i think for a anzac day shoot between the mrc and vra

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by plantie" post=18968

it was a lang lang vra range i think for a anzac day shoot between the mrc and vra
      As if shooting Boys' anti-tank rifles & .50cals ismt enough for you Mexicans lol

• TheSovietSamurai
      TheSovietSamurai commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by plantie" post=18968

Oh, that was at Lang Lang, I wasn't sure, but the mound looked familiar :lol:
      The range is practically a five minute walk from my front door :P

And to think I was trusted as a 15yr Army cadet to carry & use one of those around the countryside ............ today ?????????????

Comment

Lovely piece of kit.

Every mature experienced service rifle shooter should be licensed to own..........two Brens.

One for shooting and one for back up.

Comment

• TheSovietSamurai
        Editing a comment
        Good old Jeff and his Bren, lucky bugger :lol:
        I remember he brought it to the Lang Lang rifle club just across the road from my place for the El Alamein shoot, but I missed seeing it in action

so whats the regulations or laws regarding private ownership of a bren in vic? what kind of license would it be held under? up here in QLD you can have one (if you can find and afford one) on a collectors license but it has to be welded up (deactivated) and certified as "dead" by an armourer. The only other way to have one here is under an armourer or theatrical armourer license - both very hard to get.

If you can have a bren in Victoria - i am packing my bags now and moving! am sooooo jealous!

Comment

• TheSovietSamurai
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Harry Saka" post=19155
        so whats the regulations or laws regarding private ownership of a bren in vic? what kind of license would it be held under? up here in QLD you can have one (if you can find and afford one) on a collectors license but it has to be welded up (deactivated) and certified as "dead" by an armourer. The only other way to have one here is under an armourer or theatrical armourer license - both very hard to get.

If you can have a bren in Victoria - i am packing my bags now and moving! am sooooo jealous!
        Edit: Sorry, meant Cat E.
        In Vic, Cat E includes
        Machine guns
        Tear gas gun or projector
        Shot gun or rifle less than 75cm long (measured parallel to the firearm's barrel)
        Mortars
        Bazookas
        Rocket-propelled grenades
        Larger military firearm designed to fire an explosive or projectile
        A firearm that has been re-classified as a category E firearm by the Chief Commissioner

Bren gun in action......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yQeyi2Fc40

Lock stock and two smoking barrels....

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        great work Jeff regards
        ed
    Working...
    X