Browning Trombone disassemmbly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browning Trombone disassemmbly

After finding next to no information on the Browning/FNH Trombone disassembly I have decided to make a quick guide on how to take apart the Browning Trombone.

Please note that I have all the wooden fore-end and stock removed as they are being replaced with aftermarket parts.

action and barrel assembly

Thanks for this I was waiting in the old house to see this... I just picked up my Trombone today and I cant wait to fire off some rounds tomorrow! Maybe we should start a Trombone thread because there are lots of these out there but like you said not much info!

Comment

• Nocturnal_50
      Nocturnal_50 commented
      Editing a comment
      Now for the trigger group/lower receiver.

Note that there are 2 springs that I will not be removing for this as A they don't need to be removed and B one of them is an absolute c*** to get back into place

at this point my dataplan for the month was capped so access to photobucket to grab the URL's was a slow and irritating process (500gb is so little these days)

• Whitey
      Whitey commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Browning Trombone owners I have a copy of the Owners Manual in English and will post it to the site in the next few days either as a PDF or scanned images. (my printer does not have a scanner)

regards Whitey

If this helps anyone,
    Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.

Comment

• Nocturnal_50
      Nocturnal_50 commented
      Editing a comment
      full manual available in this link
      http://browning.eu/services/ownermanuel/PDF/carabine/rimfire/TROMBONE%2022.pdf

and also added as an attachment to this thread as a back up
      Attached Files

Originally posted by Shotgun!" post=3382
    That's fair enough, but "This text is hidden from guests" isn't self-explanatory, even if it is the way the forum will automatically label it. I guess we'll all get used to the quirky bits as we find them.
    It'll show that for all users who try to view the thread, unfortunately without a highlighted field explaining what text is hidden from guests its a bit confusing to those who aren't familiar with how it works.. perhaps I'll make all font within the hidden view of my posts red to save some of the confusion

Comment

• Recoil
      Recoil commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the chance to shoot my Trombone today, I didn't have any problems with it and it was pretty nice!!! I reckon I will pull it apart and give it a good clean.

Missed some of you fella's any way got another box of bullets :lol: hope this helps
    Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Opps to slow I think I ve got an AGI video on it as well

Reviving an old thread, I have just this week bought a browning trombone, got it shipped from interstate so bought it unseen and on the description from the gun shop, saw it for the first time today, and it is very very dirty, I am glad I have found this thread as the first thing I will do when I pick it up, (still waiting for the PTA in SA), is take it down and clean it, it cycles well and the trigger is crisp with no excessive movement any where, the wood is not cracked but has the usual dent or two for a rifle of its age, the bluing is very thin, but overall it is complete, feels solid and every thing works as it should, with some tlc, it should come up a trick, I'll update with some pics when I get it

Comment

• Recoil
      Recoil commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Baturb" post=115012
      Reviving an old thread, I have just this week bought a browning trombone, got it shipped from interstate so bought it unseen and on the description from the gun shop, saw it for the first time today, and it is very very dirty, I am glad I have found this thread as the first thing I will do when I pick it up, (still waiting for the PTA in SA), is take it down and clean it, it cycles well and the trigger is crisp with no excessive movement any where, the wood is not cracked but has the usual dent or two for a rifle of its age, the bluing is very thin, but overall it is complete, feels solid and every thing works as it should, with some tlc, it should come up a trick, I'll update with some pics when I get it
      Congrats on the trombone! They are a great little 22. If it wasn't for nocturnal I doubt I would have pulled mine apart... my internals were filthy as I guess nobody ever pulled it apart, mine cycles way smoother now. My trigger is quiet heavy but not a problem.

Don't forget to load it up with 15 shorts at some stage... so much fun!!

Ryan

Good thread guys ,love my shortened trombone , would be good to see one with a plastic stock

Comment

Working...
    X