Hello Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone

Only heard about this new site to-day - from a friend in the US too so it doesn't take long for news to get out these days.

This is about the only place I post so if I have anything to say, it'll probably be in the rim fire section.

Cheers,
    Allan.

Welcome to the forum mate.....

Comment

Welcome mate, nice collection
      “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Hi there fella.

Thanks...

Comment

But what do you shoot on Saturdays?...

Comment

• allan
            allan commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by safeshot" post=1090
            But what do you shoot on Saturdays?...
            The Saturday rifle is under construction at the moment
            Doing another Savage Mark 11 build - Hopefully will turn out as good as the first one:

Mark 11G
            Savage Classic walnut stock -DIP bottom metal & trigger guard - Pachmayr recoil pad - Bedded of course
            Maddco sporter profile barrel - match chamber - target crown - Action threaded & trued
            Apachee trigger kit
            Either Leupold 3-9X33EFR or Weaver V16 - EGW rail - Leupold PRW rings

Only hold up (as usual) Queensland PTA - Not having any more luck with the on line system than previously

G'day Allan,

Mate that is a great looking collection! Well done!

Cheers
          Dan
          aut viam inveniam aut faciam
          "I shall either find a way or make one." - Hannibal.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            *drool* * drool* *drool*
            love is a wonderful thing.....I love rifles.......
            and Allan, I love those rifles.
            Can you tell us what modifications you've done on them?
            cheers

What is the rifle on the bottom of the rack?

Comment

• allan
            allan commented
            Editing a comment
            My old Sportco 63A.

Welcome mate, only new to this site myself.

Comment

Awesome collection allan, all beautiful condition

Comment

Hi allan
              Whats the second from the top rifle? Is that your Ashultz with stainless factory barrel?

Comment

• allan
                allan commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by The Jet" post=4557
                Hi allan
                Whats the second from the top rifle? Is that your Anschutz with stainless factory barrel?
                Yes, that's the 1710 walnut/stainless - Fourth down is the 1710 laminated/stainless.

Which of your rifle would you say would be the most accurate ?
              Never really ever get to see so many beautiful rifles owned by the one bloke beautiful collection.
              I have been shooting my 1712 in benchrest but its a tough gig against the other guys with benchrest stocks.
              kind regards Ben

Comment

• allan
                allan commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by The Jet" post=4820
                Which of your rifle would you say would be the most accurate ?
                Ben
                Hi Ben - The stainless/walnut 1710 is the most consistent Annie there though there is little between all 1710's.
                This may sound odd, but if I ever find a good trigger group for that Mark 11, it will easily outshoot those 54's. I put three years of trial and error and many thousands of rounds through that rifle to get it to where it is to-day and it continues to impress.
                That's why I'm doing another one at the moment.
                Anybody can walk in and lay down the $$ for a high end gun but it's very rewarding to build up a "cheapie" to run with the expensive versions.
                IMO, your 1712 is right up there with the best rim fire sporters available to-day. No, with that slender fore end, it won't ride the bags too well like a purpose built BR gun - But life's a trade off in many ways. I don't own a 1712 because I have this one - Not a rim fire but a nice off hand small game outfit.

• danandria
                danandria commented
                Editing a comment
                Gidday Jet, don't underestimate that rifle in its original stock, I have a 1416 that took out 3 local BR championships last year against custom outfits, she shot a .222 at 100 yards. I just ensured the bag was a good fit to the stock and mate you don't get a better feeling than beating the BR guys with a hunting rifle!

Hi Allan, Mate if your gonna show off that's the way to do it!

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi and welcome. That's a great collection right there, am very impressed. :P

Thanks for the encouragement Dan , but I am going to put 1712 to bed in a bench rest stock I am getting made for it by Barry Edgley ATM .
              You have done extremely well taking on the bench rest stocked rifles and winning, more a testament of your ability because we both know that the rifle can do it .
              Your 0.22 of an inch at 100 metres is excellent no matter what you shoot.
              I even have tried a Sinclair fore end adapter plate on mine just recently , but the small curved fore end is unstable in it . I just reckon that its a bit like standing on the driving range with a 3 iron trying to take on the guys with the big berthas. There the best tool for the job .

Comment

• danandria
                danandria commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes well I have succumbed as well, the 1416 is still original but I bought an old 54 Super match, it started in its original small bore stock with a aluminium block up front for stability which work really well but now she is in a Macmillan BR stock which also makes her look the part! I pillar bedded using brass pillars and devcon and it came up well. I bought my son an old 54 as well and put it in a laminated stock made by Ken Noye in Victoria, Ken did a great job and when the stock arrived it was a perfect fit, early days but it shoots well we will see how he performs with it over the coming months.
                Let us know how the project goes and the new stock, maybe a photo if you can.

Very nice collection. I wish i had them all

Comment

Sounds great I bet your son is stoked with his rifle.
                Shall let you know how it shoots in the new stock.
                I always think its great when guys have go themselves, its the only way to learn anything.

Comment

Working...
                X