Marlin XT .22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin XT .22

Hi guys im relatively new to shooting and am looking for opinions regarding the Marlin XT .22
    The Local gun shop has one for $470 brand new and to the untrained eye it seems like a pretty good buy so any opinions on accuracy and quality of the rifle would be appreciated

Spend that little but more and stretch it out to a CZ if ya can.. If you can go the 452..

Comment

I like mine. Not bad for the price.

although i think that price is a little high.
      .177 Chinese Air Rifle, Marlin XT22, Savage Mk2
      Howa Varmint (223 1:9) (223 1:12) (308 1:10), Howa Sporter (308 1:10), 1912 BSA SMLE (303), Winchester 370 12 Ga

22lr Mk2 Ruger 22/45, 22lr Mk3 Ruger 22/45 Lite
      9mm STI Spartan, 9mm Smith & Wesson M&P, 357 Magnum Ruger Security six

Comment

I Picked up an XT22 blued synthetic the other week from S.A.R.A, $300 including a Nikko 4x40 scope and mounts. Haven't taken it for a shoot yet but seems ok. Finish quality on the receiver isnt the best, but the barrel bluing is pretty decent. Good enough for plinking and bunnies anyway!

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I have one and I reckon it performs great for the $s. Not a bench rest rifle but for plinking or hunting on a budget you can't go wrong. I think I paid $390 for mine with a basic but more than useable scope.

www.prlag.com

I think the package is around $350 there,

JH

Comment

Yeah i got mine from pine rivers. It was around 400 with scope and rings.
          .177 Chinese Air Rifle, Marlin XT22, Savage Mk2
          Howa Varmint (223 1:9) (223 1:12) (308 1:10), Howa Sporter (308 1:10), 1912 BSA SMLE (303), Winchester 370 12 Ga

22lr Mk2 Ruger 22/45, 22lr Mk3 Ruger 22/45 Lite
          9mm STI Spartan, 9mm Smith & Wesson M&P, 357 Magnum Ruger Security six

Comment

Just a follow up for anyone looking at one of these, I gave mine a good workout on the farm over Xmas, and at 50m, shooting off a bipod on a very wonky plastic picnic table, cheap 4x scope, with a worthless mug on the trigger using Remington bucket o bullets and a swirly 10mph breeze it was grouping around 1"-1.25" for 7 round groups not counting the odd flier. Wasn't taking a long time between shots either. Oh and the barrel and scope were getting pretty bloody hot sitting in the sun between/during groups. So, I have to say, for $300 brand new (now $320 at RifleSA shop with a 4x32 and rings) I am pretty pleased with bang for buck. It's not pretty, but it works. Next time I take it out I'm going to play with the adjustable trigger setting (above was shot as it left the factory) and see if that helps at all.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back.

I love that review.
              They are no rolls royce bur they are a good little work horse that will need very little love or even care for that manner.

With crap bullets you got minute of rabbit in practical conditions and distance.
              From a practical stand point they are pretty "practical"

JH

Comment

Working...
              X