New Marlin xt 22wmr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah mine shoots the federals ok but they lack the punch on wallaby to drop them, the armscor work well for that but they are somewhat inconsistent. I load for the 7mm and 6.5 but don't see the point with the 22 especially when of the shelf stuff will shoot that good.

have bought a SIMMONS 3-9x50 scope for it hoping that will work well. Am finding the TASCO tracking is not so good when dialling it in.
    Last edited by Savage 7mm; 19-07-2020, 08:59 AM.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito."

Comment

Ive got the Savage 1/2inch high at 100 yards with the Hornady 30 grainers and leave it that for foxes and cats with a 2-7 x 33 scope. Dont know anything about Simmons scopes
      The federals will group under 3/4 inch at 100 yards all day long but shoot 2 inches lower than the 30 grainers....no wallabys in my neck of the woods in S.A.... sound like a cheap supply of dog tucker.
      Cheers.

Comment

yeah plenty of them in my parts, plague proportions just about, hunting not so good in the colder months tho. I had to dial the scope down a lot with the hornady from where I had it set for the federals to zero it
        "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito."

Comment

had a good day out today winning the 'magnum' class

Click image for larger version

Name:	116521839_2379289912378464_101717333872630251_o.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	316624

Comment

Well done Sav 7mm.Proud of you.What ammo helped you win the day. (I presume you used the Marlin)

Comment

Yeah mate the hornady

Comment

Savage 10rnd mag fitted, easily done runs rounds thru better than the marlin one

Name:	20200813_135303.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	316691

Name:	20200813_135315.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	316692

Comment

Learn something new everday. I havent heard aboit that one before.

Comment

Good bit of info to know. Thanks redneck!
                    If you're going through hell, keep going."
                    Winston Churchill

Comment

been getting a few last few times out, 30-40 each time finding it is not real good at ~100m tho group spreads a bit on paper .... that is 22 mag for ya tho I guess

Comment

Yeah, I can't shoot too many tight groups at 100, would be chest shooting for sure.
                        I did put a cluster on the 200yd target on a calm day, was about 6" high by about 4" wide with 10 shots after walking in from the splash.
                        They may shoot well enough at 70-80yds.
                        Gotta still be the ammo like they always said. Not like they do all the target ammo like with .22lr

Comment

Managed to break the bolt handle off.....got it welded back on at work tho so all good...

Name:	20210220_123850.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	320003

Now using the Winchester 30g rounds, they are 2250fps and shoot well out to 200m will be good to see how they go next time spotlighting

Comment

Working...
                          X