New Marlin xt 22wmr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Marlin xt 22wmr

Picked this up today to for a bit of hunting, shoots ok only tried 2 brands of ammo so far. Put my old air rifle scope on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200111_131352.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	310438
    Attached Files
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito."

Good choice Savage. Had one years ago whilst still on the mainland. I had a fixed 6X Tasco on it and would shoot Winchester 40gn hollow points into 30mm at 100m all day. The FMJs shot patterns, not groups. Took a lot of rabbits, a few foxes and even a couple of goats with it.

The stock sucks for scope use, and the 7 round mag is a pain cause it sticks out so far. The 5 rounder is better. It will be a great wallaby gun.
    I have more guns than I need but not as many as I want

Comment

cheers mate, it likes the ARMSCOR 40g, should tighten the groups up with some more rounds thru it, the CCI were shot gun groups, those are the only 2 I have tried so far. I did indeed get it for wallabies, nearly got a Ruger precision in 17hmr but it was a fair bit more expensive and a lot heavier so decided against it.
      "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito."

Comment

I don't know if it will fit but Western Firearms (Sydney) has a wooden stock for a Model 882 (22 Mag) for $50.
        It looks gorgeous to me.

Name:	882 stock new.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	310448

If you're going through hell, keep going."
        Winston Churchill

Comment

yeah nice, I think I will stick with the composite stock as it will be a bit more durable walking thru the bush I reckon.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	22 test.jpg Views:	0 Size:	7.6 KB ID:	310468
            That is 50 shots thru it not bad 6 shot group @ 50m, might stick with that ammo
            Last edited by Savage 7mm; 12-01-2020, 05:30 PM.

Comment

150 rounds for 60 bux EDIT: I am told this is a bit exxy for these as cleavers have em for 14.95 might have to chat to the shop next time

Seems to like these

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200111_131438.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.2 KB ID:	310564
              Last edited by Savage 7mm; 18-01-2020, 04:23 PM.

Comment

swapped out the trigger spring as it was too heavy for my liking, have to wait till end of feb for a game hunting licence so will keep practicing with it as it is very different to my other 2

Comment

New trigger is much nicer, i tried another scope i had which i thought might be buggered and yes indeed it is so after putting the optisan back on shot a nice 4 shot group at 50m.

Name:	image_35341.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	311030

Last edited by Savage 7mm; 01-02-2020, 02:57 PM.

Comment

really liking this thing, bagged me a few wallabys shoots dead on, pun intended

Comment

Good stuff, and about time.
                      They reckon they eat well and the cold climate should have less worms and ticks like in some areas.

Eastern Greys get a bad rep but I will hold judgement till I cut one up myself as some say they are fine.

Comment

went out spotlighting on the neighbours block again last night, bagged 33 wallabys and 5 possums, also determined the scope is RS which I though it might be not holding zero, anyway a TASCO 3-9x40 is now on it will zero it on the weekend and hopefully no more missed shots..... I was able to adjust it back on target as I went when I noticed it shooting off, the armscor go like tracers so it is pretty handy at night lol

Comment

gun shop had no armscor so I got some federal 50g and wow does it shoot these..... will stick with them I think

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	12.8 KB ID:	312370

6 shots prone w/ bipod 50m

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	13.2 KB ID:	312371
                            2 shots after 1 click left
                            Last edited by Savage 7mm; 21-03-2020, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Really happy with this now, 5 shots prone bipod at 50m

Name:	20200328_164150.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	312654

Comment

Working...
                              X