Finally, got to the range and sorted my ammo... :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, got to the range and sorted my ammo... :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2013-12-15.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	54443

Finally got to the range today and sorted the old Sportco out ammo wise... So I am happy as a pig in....

It had some issues with groups and a wandering POI... This came from the action bed and bad fitting scope rings...

I sorted all my test ammo by rim thickness, lapped the scope rings and used some epoxy in the bottom of the front action pillar and she shoots like a laser with the new CCI 42gr HV ammo and Geco target...

All this shooting in about 35deg C and a barrel that wouldnt cool down... So I am stoked with the results...

Sorry guys but I had to tell someone as my other half doesnt give a shit... :lol:

Got to 42.5*c today here.... No shooting for me today I was all ready to go after loading last night.

That top right group looks good

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by El-Skippo " post=42933
      Got to 42.5*c today here.... No shooting for me today I was all ready to go after loading last night.

That top right group looks good
      Yeah Skip thats the CCI HV ammo at 50m on a hot barrel after about 20 rounds... Not bad for a $50 POS IMO...

40's would suck hard for 800m... Plus laying in the sun would be punishment...

Sorry guys but I had to tell someone as my other half doesnt give a shit... :lol:
    I'm in the same boat so Thanks for sharing.
    Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by grmkc" post=42936
      I'm in the same boat so Thanks for sharing.
      We should start a new section "I am excited, but the missus doesnt give a shit" :lol: just for this sort of thing...

All I normally get is "hey your home. Now here's a list of shit you need to cram into whats
      Eft of the day"

"Sorry guys but I had to tell someone as my other half doesnt give a shit... :lol:"

Classic mate ! and yeah, know the feeling

Comment

• several
      several commented
      Editing a comment
      my whole life is a case of my wife doesn't give a shit, sometimes I wonder how we ever came to be together as we are pretty much complete opposites.
      I mean she doesn't even like Monty a Python movies, but I still love her despite that huge flaw.

Originally posted by Luke H" post=42932
    We use 43 muscles to frown,
    17 to smile,
    and 2 to pull a trigger.
    I'm lazy and I'm tired of smiling.

Comment

Working...
    X