Cleaning .17hmr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning .17hmr

Debating the idea of getting a 17 hmr but have had no experience with them and was wondering about cleaning them compared to cleaning .22 rimfires .
    Thanks for any assistance , Ron

My trr savage .17 gets a pass with a boresnake after every shoot. I wipe the bolt down and re oil and a general wipe down. Others will say solvent and patches every 5 mins but i think thats overkill. If the accuracy drops off then give it a scrub, couple of rounds to foul it and continue on. As far as a .22 goes, they should last forever, dont need cleaning apart from rust prevention and keep the bolt clean and lubed.

Comment

Same topic in two locations....oh well, I posted in your other one.

Comment

Op pls check before posting a topic if its in the correct section of the forum.

Also I have moved this thread and removed your other thread.

Comment

• Sigron
          Sigron commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for that , thought I had lost the first one , apparently didn't .
          Ron

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Cleaning an HMR can be as easy or difficult as you make it. You will have to clean it far more than a .22. The Boresnake method works well but they do require a good rodding out from time to time to keep it running spot on.

My original post went with your other thread, but basically I said clean your .17HMR as you would with your centrefire rifles because of the copper coated projectiles.
        This is what I do and the accuracy has always been great.

Comment

• Sigron
          Sigron commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks everyone for the replies , appreciate them .
          Ron
      Working...
      X