This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The coming Lithgow "Crossover" .22

Has anyone got the latest guff on this rifle? All the posts i see are all some months old.
    Many thanks
    "As above so below"-an ancient text meaning as you think it shall be.
    "To be really happy and really safe one ought to have two or three hobbies and they should all be real".--Churchill.
    "Even when the world is at peace a gentleman still keeps a blade by his side"-- Sun Tzu....

Last I heard was due the first quarter 2014.

Comment

• S12A
      S12A commented
      Editing a comment
      moved topic to Rimfire section.

thats what i heard to Skip with the centerfires at an unspecified time after

Any ideas on price?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      "Competitive" has been lithgow's stance on price, commonly accepted to be more than a cz but less than an annie

Are they still using CZ DBM or did they end up designing their own?

Comment

I've got to say I don't like the look of that stock at all (too angular type thing), the action looks fantastic but I reckon they need to do something about the stock or at least offer a few diff stock alternatives then I reckon it would be a good seller.

Either way I hope its a success.
      Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

All will be revealed in early March folks

Comment

I just want one!! Been wording the Mrs up for a while!! Just picked up an old Model 1 B, to replace my old Model 1, and have the SMLE, would love the New Lithgow in the safe. My Norinco JW15 is ok, but want to replace it with the Lithgow.... I am happy, so long as when I point it at a rabbit, it hits the rabbit

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't wait also to add a piece of Aussie history to the cabinet!

Rrp might be higher than expected but if they don't sell then dealers will drop the price.
          2moa guaranteed accuracy for a rimfire is merely allowing for the use of crap ammo.
          If it was 2moa with good ammo then that's a bit worrying, but until we see a few range reports and actual real world accuracy results it won't matter what the marketing department says it can do.

Comment

• TheOtherLeft
            TheOtherLeft commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by scythe" post=63634
            Rrp might be higher than expected but if they don't sell then dealers will drop the price.
            2moa guaranteed accuracy for a rimfire is merely allowing for the use of crap ammo.
            If it was 2moa with good ammo then that's a bit worrying, but until we see a few range reports and actual real world accuracy results it won't matter what the marketing department says it can do.
            What do you think the accuracy of a CZ is? Can it get better then 2MOA with all ammo?

Does it concern anyone else that it is a CZ copy (stock aside of course)?

Comment

• Nocturnal_50
            Nocturnal_50 commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by cek1730" post=64023
            Does it concern anyone else that it is a CZ copy (stock aside of course)?
            Its not a copy of a CZ, its just compatible with its mags. Same thing goes for the PWS T3 and the 10/22, 77/22, AMT Lighting 25/22 for its magazines (with the exception that the stocks on all of them are interchangeable)

If I'm not mistaken (which I may well be) the 452 has two rear lugs, the 455 one. The LA101 has 3 lugs to enable to a 60-degree (vs 90-degree) bolt lift to limit clearance issues with chunky scopes. Similar concepts, sure, but different enough to be, well, different enough.

I'm sure most people would prefer time-tested designs executed properly than crazy new untested ideas. Three-lugs works quite well on a forward locking bolt, stands to reason it should work OK on a rear locking bolt. I'm unaware of any other rimfire using a 3-lug rear design (Rimfire Research have a front 3-lug lock design) so if nothing else it makes the CrossOver unique... and if it works well, then that becomes an advantage over the competition.

Cheers, Ben.

Comment

Can confirm a price of $950 for the LA101... my local dealer called me earlier today, they can now take orders and confirmed the price, which is about what was expected. There had been a concern Winchester Australia's recent 10% price increase across the board would have included the LA rifle and pushed it onto the wrong side of a grand.

Update 15/2/2014 - Official RRP is $995. The previous price was simply what my local shop said one would cost me personally. YMMV.

Cheers, Ben.

Comment

• nate
              nate commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by headwerkn" post=66085
              Can confirm a price of $950 for the LA101... my local dealer called me earlier today, they can now take orders and confirmed the price, which is about what was expected. There had been a concern Winchester Australia's recent 10% price increase across the board would have included the LA rifle and pushed it onto the wrong side of a grand.
              Cheers, Ben.
              hmmm thats not too appetising :\
              i paid just over a grand for the Izhmash & its some funky straight pull with insane accuracy.

I'd want to be seeing solid results on cheap ammo to be considering one... here's hoping there is!

Maybe they're banking on the "Made in Australia" label to justify the high price to get the sales???

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Lithgow model 12 Superb accuracy. Under moa with most ammo I've tried. Price $150.00

$950 for a Brand NEW QUALITY .Aussie Made 22LR
            Bargain.
            [ul][li]Member:- SFP, SUQ, SSAA [/li]
            [li]Rimfire:- Savage MK II, FN 1926 , Liege 22Long, Win '04 , Lithgow 1B[/li]
            [li]Centrefire: - Mossberg 30-06 Sprg,270 win,Marlin 22-250[/li]
            [li]Handgun:- Ruger .357[/li]
            [li]Wishlist:- .22 Charger, 338WM[/li][/ul]

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Shooting Sports" post=66615
              $950 for a Brand NEW QUALITY .Aussie Made 22LR
              Bargain.
              Exactly.

A Ruger 77/22 in stainless/synthetic costs around the same. As does a Browning T-bolt. An X-bolt is pricier, as is a PWS T3 Summit.

CZs and Savages were a bit cheaper in the year or two past, but have recently gone up in price too, since the dollar dropped about 10c below US$ parity. I'm looking at the Safari Firearms website now and a new 452 Standard is $800.... 455s vary from $800 to over $1000, depending on the model. Mid range Savages have increased in price similarly.

$950 is in the ball park, so to speak. Yes, it needs to shoot very well as it is in more than capable company... personally I'm not reading into the 2MOA rumour and will make up my own mind next month when I get to shoot one myself.... but assuming comparable accuracy and build quality, given the choice between an $800 plain jane CZ and a $950 Lithgow Arms, I would say the latter's stainless barrel, bolt design, quality synthetic stock and Australian manufacture are well worth the price premium.

Cheers, Ben.

I'm itching to get my grubby hands on one. They say goodbye to that mossburge and hello Lithgow

Comment

Looks to me like they are pricing with a drop in the dollar and a rise in the cost of imported rifles in mind.

Anyway, with the stainless steel and heavy barrel it is a touch cheaper than a 455 Evolution, so the price looks ok to me. The only thing I can't get my head around is why, if they wanted to compete with the
              455, it doesn't seem to be a switch barrel?
              "Love the bush for its own sake and you will never have an unsuccessful hunt".

Comment

• scythe
                scythe commented
                Editing a comment
                Probably because of the initial backlash there was by the "old guard" over how the barrel was secured.
                Switch barrel is not a deal breaker for me.
                It will certainly be interesting to see how the chips fall.

Any one else notice that Lithgow arms also sell a "supresser" (wonder if its different to a supressor? :P ), if only the general shooter could easily access them (especially back in the day) a lot of hearing damage could be prevented.
            Working...
            X