ANSCHUTZ 1710 D KL opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANSCHUTZ 1710 D KL opinions?

I am considering lashing out to buy an Anschutz 1710 D KL and would like to hear from past or present owners their honest opinions of this rifle.

Thanks

If you're just looking to buy a high end .22LR sporter, there are none better than the model you have mentioned.
    No point rattling on about all the good features on these - If you're going to spend the dollars, I'm sure you've done your homework already.
    If they have one flaw, it is the (sometimes) poor ejection which has plagued Anschutz forever - Easily sorted and not an issue.
    Mount a decent scope, use good ammo. if you're shooting targets and enjoy.
    If you intend to use the rifle for walk around hunting, remember these are big rim fires with a fair amount of "heft" - The 1416 makes a better hunting rifle with more than sufficient accuracy for that purpose - Build wise, the 54's are superior to the 64's by a considerable margin and so they should be for the price difference.
    And yes, I've owned a few and am pretty familiar with 1710's.

Comment

I have the 1712 which has the two stage trigger ,correct if I am wrong but the 1710 is a single stage. Anyway if I could go back and do it again I think I would buy the single stage. As I have set the trigger up fairly light 7 ounces and I sometimes ham wrist the trigger and pull straight through before I have properly aimed. This sometimes creates a happy accident as it blows right through the middle but unfortunately not very often. Note I only do this once in a while but it would be a non issue with a single stage trigger.
      kind regards Ben
      Sunbird do you remember the Holden Sunbird a later Torana with a four cylinder motor. I once was asked to drive one home for a bloke I remembered I pulled out to over take a car and had to just go back in behind that same car. The most breathless motor car I have ever driven.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Ben, thanks for your reply. I do remember the Holden Sunbird, not many were produced if I recall correctly. My boat is called Sunbird, hence the name.
        I believe the 1712 is not available at present and yes I am happy with a single stage trigger. I have not handled a 1710 and was wondering how it compared in quality of finish and accuracy compared to the BRNO Mod 1 which I stupidly sold many years ago.

Fit and finish on 1710's is of a pretty high standard.
      All of these pictured are are sub. .5" rifles at 50 with just about any reasonable ammo. Good lots of target ammo. will consistently shoot better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AnschutzRifles026.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	49820

Name:	6-001.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	49821

Name:	E.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	49822

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Allan, thankyou for the great photos of the 1710, it looks veeeery preeedy! That walnut stock is magnificent.

What is the bottom rifle with laminated stock? In fact is the middle pic a 1710? I do not recognise the bolt handle.

Thanks

Beautiful rifles Allan I previousl owned a cz455 vamit with the thumbhole stock really nice rifle and at fifty probably nearly as good but at 100 there is no contest with my 1712. I would recommend an Anshutz to anyone especially the 54 action which I know is a lot more but when I owned both the Anshultz and the cz 455 I never took the cz out all that much. Now before people attack me about this I have not said that the cz is a bad rifle because its a great rifle but the Anshultz as it should be price wise is a better rifle. Well mine was anyway as that is all I have to compare it with.
      regards Ben

Comment

I have a 1712, mate has a 1710.
        I really like the 2 stage trigger on mine.

You will have no regrets. Almost everything else is talked about as "almost as good as an Anschutz"

Shoots well with SK Rifle Match, which doesn't cost the earth.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Allan,

I come back to this site every day to drool over the photos of your Anschutz 1710 rifles.

Checking the Anschutz "For sale" sites in Australia all I find are the 1710 DHB and DKL models. I have not seen any of the variants you have. Where do you get these??

Please recommend suitable scopes for a 1710, probably 3 - 9 or 12 etc and mounts to suit the 1710.

I am not sure that my LGS is familiar with this rifle and would like to do my own research. Any suggestions from other 1710 owners would also be appreciated.

One more question, Is there such a rifle..... 1710 D KL Meister Grade?

Thanks

i have owned the monte carlo and miestergrede. there is a 1710 miestergrade and i own one of them.
        the wood are a much higher grade and at the trigger guard there is a gold engraving miestergrede.
        shooting wise , extremely accurate . my advice is put a decent scope and good mount on,
        ammo i only shoot with rws as it is very consistent and accurate.
        thanks
        if u need a photo , would be glad to share

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi fook, thanks for the reply. I did end up buying a magnificent 1712 with a great stock. One day I would like to find a 1710 also if I can find one with a pretty stock. I also use a 2013 Benchrest which is extremely accurate.

• Send-it
          Send-it commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by fook" post=199617
          if u need a photo , would be glad to share
          of course we do.
      Working...
      X