This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .22 scope for a junior's rifle

I have my own opinions on this but I'm curious to see what junior members would want to mount on a CZ 22?

I have a Leupold 2-7x33 (with Millet angle locs) on my 452, except that its a Crossbones model with wide mildots and thickish crosshairs, its fine.

Comment

• El-Skippo
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      I put a Sightron S1 1x25mm on my girl's .22lr for here to get use to it all. as she had trouble seeing and aiming with iron's or getting her eye in the right spot with a higher mag scope.

I think it all come's down to each person. Now my girl is use to shooting the .22lr she now want's a something with a bit more zoom ( 2-7 x range will be plenty )

The good old Nikko Sterling 4x32 . That's what I had on my Annie 1441/42 its still on the old girl 24yrs later and my kids are learning to shoot with it too.

Comment

Vortex Crossfire 6-18x44 with AO very effective, quality & most of all a very good price.

Comment

What are you doing hunting or targets ? for my youngest, 5 years old I keep it simple old jap tasco 4x32 with fine cross hairs brno mod 1
        for my eldest 8 years old 3x9x40 Nikon model 2 brno these are used for bunny busting ,foxes, for targets 6x24x40 AO. I find the simpler you keep it and the lighter the better it is for kids. Also peep sights are great for kids.

Comment

A good quality scope in 2-7 or there abouts with a 28 to 36 objective for a good field of view........
          easier for youngsters to pick up targets......may be even ao.......then you have a scope for a wide
          set or uses.......air rifle to the big kickers

Comment

I went with a redfield 2-7 on my 452. Dose the trick. Was so happy with it I just bought a redfield 3-9 for my new 223

Comment

clearidge Ultra rm 3-9x32

Comment

My young bloke got a 4x81 Pecar on his Beretta Gyrfalcon (1952 model) We sighted it in on a redback spider at 50 yards. He has had so much fun with that outfit and still gets annoyed that it was crimped, it used to be so much fun with a 20 shot mag! BTW the 81 is a light measurement not mm

Comment

• S12A
                  S12A commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i would go anything 4X or a 3-9x40

my personal opinion is that field of view is more important than magnification IF the idea main use is hunting. Variables have their uses but tend to overcomplicate things for the inexperienced. 4x40 is a good utility rig, enough magnification for .22 ranges and good for low light situations, particularly when keeping an eye on a rabbit warren or trying to pick out small game in tussock grass etc. where you need a reasonably wide field of view, it just makes getting a sight picture that bit quicker and easier.

Comment

• pd
                  pd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  bushnell trophy 3-9*40 would be good,and wont break the budget pd

something with 'heaps' of eye relief.
                many juniors can't get their head forward enough to see a full picture.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is a pretty old thread guys :lol:

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by Send-it" post=148162
                  something with 'heaps' of eye relief.
                  many juniors can't get their head forward enough to see a full picture.
                  Agree with eye relief as a must, and the ability to set the scope back a bit more than usual, as well as a forgiving parallax.

A 3-9x40 or 3-9x50 would be my choice for a 22, that would cover all bunny hunting situations nicely.

Comment

Spotlights on the money IMHO and A good fixed power 6 x 40 is just right for a 22 lr.
                  Enough for the rifle and nothing to break.
                  Young eyes see so well too
                  8 x 50 is better but for a starter 6 x will do everything you want and more.
                  Good bridge mounts like Lynx Stud mounts with lateral adjustment are worth it as you can keep the glass as close to center with the mounts and fine tune it after that .
                  Keeps parallax error to a minimum like that.
                  [center]
                  Don’t poke the snake, walk around it and come back later with a double-barrelled shotgun and blow its [email protected]#!ing head off!.

Australia in future, the outcome is the same, a bloody dictatorship run on the whims of a very few ego-centric pathological elitists.

Comment

Working...
                  X