Has anyone lightened the trigger on their Zastava CZ99?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone lightened the trigger on their Zastava CZ99?

If they have, or are familiar with the process, would they kindly share it with me? I would be forever in your debt. I've had a look around the net, but have found nothing that I could confidently use. I will not perform surgery unless I have the proper tools and information.
    In a way it's a good thing that the trigger on this rifle is a bit "stronger", I suppose it makes it safer. I just reckon that I can get a tiny bit more accuracy out of her if it were a bit lighter.
    Great rifle by the way. I've had this one for 3 years, and it just keeps performing. It's like meeting a good friend when I pick it up.
    Thank you, All.

I found this on another forum:

Here's the guide I used to adjust my trigger:

Lightening the pull was very easy - backing off a screw which controlled a spring. If you look next to the set screw for the trigger pull you will find a screw about half way down. This is the stop adjustment (will take some creep out) However after you tinker with it, make sure you test it for slam fires in case you have the sear set to light. if you set the stop to high the sear will let go soon as you close the bolt. ( Very Bad ) Make sure you test it first before you let the lil ones have a go at it. After I messed with both screws.

The trigger is screw adjustable for pull weight and creep. if creep is adjusted to very small amounts, the safety slide will not have enough space to move and bar the trigger. there is an adjustment (limited amount) for that also. but the safety slide may also have to be reduced in thickness if not enough adjustment is present.

I did not file the trigger surfaces, but polished with 250 grit , 320 then 400 grit laps. only machine marks were removed. keep intended angles true.

Side picture of action

Lapping of top of sear:

Llapping of face of sear:

Comment

maninorange, much appreciated. I think I can follow all that,
      I read somewhere that you should use red nail polish to seal the screws after you've re-tightened them, is that right?

you're worth more money, mate,
      cheers

Comment

• maninorange
        maninorange commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by koolman" post=41959
        maninorange, much appreciated. I think I can follow all that,
        I read somewhere that you should use red nail polish to seal the screws after you've re-tightened them, is that right?

you're worth more money, mate,
        cheers
        Afraid I can't help you with that one, not heard about the nail polish trick before, it's an interesting idea though. Just be careful that there is no form of acidic reaction caused by the polish.

There is a great writeup ovee on rimfire central. Just search for Remington model 5 trigger job.

The Zastavas were exported to the states as a Remington 5 and also as a Charles Daly.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I know this thread is pretty old but I just thought that I would add this video that was uploaded fairly recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuWrjyP8G7M

Comment

Maninorange, you are a star!
          I've been looking for something like that for a while now. Love my Zastava, but the trigger is a bit industrial. As it is, I hit pretty much everything I aim at, but I really have to concentrate when I fire, and I suppose it also teaches me to have better marksmanship skills, because I have to adapt to the rifle.
          blah, blah, blah,
          Thanks again, old mate.

Comment

Working...
          X