The Daughters 22 Savage Mk2 in a Boyds Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Daughters 22 Savage Mk2 in a Boyds Stock

Well I finally got a chance to get to the local gunshop and pick up the Daughters 22 Savage Mk2 Varmint Rifle, this particular rifle is 2nd hand (in beautiful condition) and has had the trigger lightened to 1lb (beautiful trigger) light and crisp, the bolt is super smooth and is a pleasure to use and the rifle also came with a nicely finished metal trigger guard and polished bottom metal

It also came with Weaver bases and I picked up a set of Warne Rings to suit whilst at the gunshop and I had a 6x Jap Tasco scope sitting around waiting to be put in the rings, I'd also pre ordered the Boyds Thumbhole stock when I decided to purchase the rifle and that had arrived a good week or 2 ago now - anyway I assembled it when I got home and true to the Boyds workmanship it all went together perfectly, nothing what so ever to do.

Anyway here are some pics.

Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Very girly, I bet she loves it.
    Not suitable for mature audiences

Comment

• Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by several" post=27790
      Very girly, I bet she loves it.
      Yep she loves it alright, just need to get out and shoot it, unfortunately sounds like we are in for a few wet days ahead so may have to wait until next weekend I must admit I really like the colour/look of that stock too, better than I thought it would look, put it that way. Tossing up whether to buy the same colour for the 204 in a Thumbhole too. :P

It sort of looks pinkish in the pics but it's really a strong red colour, definitely a striking looking stock.

Lucky girl, the Applejack looks good with the blued action and barrel You would have to be one of Boyds best customers by now, hey? :lol: :lol:

Comment

• Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Strikey" post=27831
      Lucky girl, the Applejack looks good with the blued action and barrel You would have to be one of Boyds best customers by now, hey? :lol: :lol:
      She does look good I must admit, I wasn't expecting it to look as good as it does! I reckon Boyds should give me shares! :lol: I think I'm up to no.6 now!

looking pretty slick there varminator.
    hope she likes it.
    my 6yr old daughter saw a pink cub scout and wanted one.

Comment

• Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Send-it" post=27883
      looking pretty slick there varminator.
      hope she likes it.
      my 6yr old daughter saw a pink cub scout and wanted one.
      Cheers Send-it - I was thinking about something like that for the youngest daughter but she still has another year before she can get her juniors permit, so I might go the same route and buy a Savage/Boyds combo for her, I'll see how this one shoots etc and go from there (the Varmints are a little bit heavy for kids to be honest) no surprises there I guess but it will be fine for the type of shooting we will do (using bipods sniping/spotlighting/target work etc) but if you want one that they can shoot off hand definitely go a sporter version.

Cheers mate

Really excellent job there. My daughter is only 5 but I sure hope I can set up a decent 22 for her as soon as she turns 12. Your rifle is a much better option compared to the garish pink versions you see occasionally.

Comment

• Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Stan 66" post=28141
      Really excellent job there. My daughter is only 5 but I sure hope I can set up a decent 22 for her as soon as she turns 12. Your rifle is a much better option compared to the garish pink versions you see occasionally.
      Thanks Stan, yeah I'm happy with how it turned out, I must admit I did think along the lines of one of those pink stocked jobs but this one came up and I knew I could source a Boyds for it cheaply and figured it would be a better long term rifle so went that way.

It's fun doing things like this for the kids I reckon, she really was very happy with it and even helped put it together (handed the tools over :lol: ) but showed great interest on how it all went together - a great father/daughter moment.

The youngest daughter can't wait to get her Juniors Permit next year either, so I will be on the hunt for another project rifle (I'll probably go down the same track depending on how this one performs).

The problem I have at the moment is the Safe is full! So I will have to source enother one before I buy any more firearms.
      Cheers mate
Working...
X