Brno 2. (1983)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brno 2. (1983)

Due to a dose of the lurgi I had the day off. Went to the range for some therapy. I had new spring put in the bolt and a new trigger spring put into my Brno. The trigger spring was original.
    Off a bench rest it was shooting a few clicks high- so no prob, corrected the scope and enjoyed self. That rifle still groups a 5 cent piece.
    Oh 1983? It cost me ...$180. It has Burris "Fullfield" scope 3-9 x 40 and a Harris bi-pod. Love the thing.
    "As above so below"-an ancient text meaning as you think it shall be.
    "To be really happy and really safe one ought to have two or three hobbies and they should all be real".--Churchill.
    "Even when the world is at peace a gentleman still keeps a blade by his side"-- Sun Tzu....

Wow wish the prices stayed the same. Nice group mate.
    Love your country, love your family, love your sport.

Comment

Yep that's what I paid for mine too! bargain!!! :lol: and ya right they do shoot bloody well when you find what it likes, I just love hunting bunnies and foxes with mine, nice and light and is an absolute pleasure to use. I won't ever sell it - no way known.
      Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Originally posted by safeshot" post=27532
        Due to a dose of the lurgi I had the day off. Went to the range for some therapy. I had new spring put in the bolt and a new trigger spring put into my Brno. The trigger spring was original.
        Off a bench rest it was shooting a few clicks high- so no prob, corrected the scope and enjoyed self. That rifle still groups a 5 cent piece.
        Oh 1983? It cost me ...$180. It has Burris "Fullfield" scope 3-9 x 40 and a Harris bi-pod. Love the thing.
        Any pics of the rifle Safeshot? would be nice to see how she looks.
        Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Yep,…it'll be cold in hell before I part with my model2.

Rimfire thread stuff.

Comment

• Brno Fox
            Brno Fox commented
            Editing a comment
            I just traded a 1983 Model 2.. very similar to Varminator's actually.

Had to clear some room.. the perils of having a small safe.

still got my '73 & '67 Model 2's though.

You can't beat one of these beautiful little rifles for fun. No matter what I've got planned, day at the range for centrefires or going hunting, I always make room somewhere for the little Brno. Shoot a group while waiting for a centrefire to cool down or pull it out when camping and knock some tin cans over for some fun or knock over some bunnies for the pot. I'm like others here, never part with it.
          If I knew I was gonna live this long I would've taken better care of myself

Comment

[quote="Snag" post=29385]Daza,

I had probably shot a few rounds when I bought it. Hard to tell. I have probably put 100 through it to date.

I was really dissapointed about losing my Model 2. It was a great rifle, but this is so much more accurate.

I floated and bedded it years ago so that would probably knock it's collector's value down.

No problem for me. I aint selling.

My model 1is s/n 93**7 made in 1952
            Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

• Snag
              Snag commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like they took a while to standadise their serial numbers.

I can't make heads nor tails from mine.

Mine was made in 55. Recently I pit it against a almost brand new 452cz. On bags at 50m the Model 1 shoots smaller groups. An absolute joy to shoot.

I too would never sell my Brno and I cant understand why people still want to buy anything other than a 1 or a 2.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

bought my first new rimfire in 1969 an it was a mod 2 brno that cost 98.00. As I moved to Darwin it didn't see much use, apart from plinking and a bit of bunny shooting when I went on leave to the Southern States. I went to a couple of remote locations and my wife learned how to shoot with the brno and it was always "her" favourite rifle. After I moved to a bigger centre in the NT I got involved in field rifle competition and, in a fit of competitive madness, did the usual sight removal, barrel shortening, etc. Before I get abused by the brno freaks, I never did a re-stock.
              Still, it wasn't cherry and so I regrettably sold it when I moved South on retirement. I replaced it with a CZ 453 which shoots as tight as the mod 2 and, although it's a pretty rifle, I miss the original.
              The answer - buy a good original mod 2 manufactured between '57 and '69. As I don't want it to look lonely in the safe I guess I'd better find a mod 1 and a mod 5. Shouldn't be hard - the missus would love to play with another mod 2. Guess I better buy a bigger safe.
              I've owned a lot of rimfires in my time - Annies (smallbore target and sporting models), Brownings, Winchesters, Marlins, Sportcos, Berettas, Mausers and Beesas. Some were good, some weren't; the one I regret selling is the mod 2. In my opinion the greatest rimfire ever manufactured.

Comment

Mine is a Model 1 inherited from my father. Made in 1951, he bought it new in '53 for 25 pounds. A Meopta 2.5X scope cost another 25 pounds.
                He could put 10 consecutive shots in a group that could be covered by a penny at 75 yards from prone without the aid of a sling.

five digit serial numberv 7XXXX.
                This post may be fact or opinion, it is up to you to decide which.

Comment

You BRNO fans may like this Model 1
                  http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525673

Comment

• speerchucker
                    speerchucker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    WOW

• SNOOPY
                    SNOOPY commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Originally posted by allan" post=31645
                    You BRNO fans may like this Model 1
                    http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525673
                    Now that is quality

• safeshot
                    safeshot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There you go a rifle that looks as good as it shoots!
                Working...
                X