what is this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this

I seen this on youtube it didnt say what it was but it was very quick does anyone know what this bolt setup is?????
    Attached Files

straight pull bolt action
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

I think that would be a straight pull ? I've seen a bloke at the range with one in .22lr. It's definitely a quick and simple way to get the job done. Always keen to hear if I'm wrong or any feedback on these actions from people with experience

Comment

• ax338
        ax338 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can I convert my sako quad to this??

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        There is another thread on newish straight pull 22's - being PWS rifles. They are pretty neat looking little numbers but the discussion is about their performance. Some other blokes have had more success with Izmash (soz not sure of spelling) which looks similar to the one pictured in this thread. Sorry I don't know a lot about these forms of rifles, only tried "Notch's" new PWS.

I had a play with a PWS straight pull today at xxxxxxxx. great system, obv based on the 10/22 / charger action with a hinge locking bolt that can be cycled by just the trigger finger. Really great lil system, especially with th nice short barrels they come with.

Interestingly, the 10/22 has been an argument basis for years regarding its accuracy, so I don't know whether the PWS locking bolt would improve that or not. But having said that above, I have never questioned my lil chargers accuracy and that's a 10" barrel.

Personally I think a nice lever action would be more fun than the PWS system especially for the high side of a thousand biccies!!!!

MM
      "shoot straight shoot quick"
      Coonan 357 Magnum semi Auto- like shooting a laser!!!!!

Comment

• El-Skippo
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        To me that looks like that Russian biathlon toggle action. Going off the pic.

I think Zastava made them at one stage.... I could be wrong. I am not that most upto date on guns made and who makes them. But have held one in the flesh ( one pictured )

With steel parts instead of cast parts that the PWS uses. ( might remember that broken leaver on the old forum ) after not even abox a bullets through it.

Its a straight pull, i agree looks like a zasty

Why not an anschutz 1727?

http://www.rrdvegas.com/anschutz-1727.html

Steve

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        It's actually an izhmash Russian made biathlon rifle, well, the sporting version anyway.
        They are supposed to be very accurate and durable, they are available in Australia for around $1100.

• Gwion
        Gwion commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by 6602steven" post=26527
        Its a straight pull, i agree looks like a zasty

Bugger the Quad... bugger the LA 101... I now want one of THESE!

Oh my, just too many choices to decide between....

Its an Izmash basic biathalon and its available in .22lr and 22mag. I use an Anschultz f27a challenger single shot straight pull for prone shooting and i LOVE it ! Cheers Crazy422s

Comment

More reliable than a PWS, great accuracy and AK47 reliability... The Bi-7-2ko has a different stock, whats in the pic above is a SOBOL hunting rifle... please refer my link link

Here it is in the SV99 sniper rifle... Yup a .22lr milspec... You cant buy the stock unfortunately...

Click image for larger version

Name:	sv993.png
Views:	3
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	40120

Comment

• nate
          nate commented
          Editing a comment
          Izhmash Bi 7-2-KO
          I have one

Absolutely ducks friggin guts.
          Shoots like a laser, INSANELY fast action.
          Apparently PWS grabbed one & copied it & well we all know what happened there.

I made a target stock similar (sorta... ish) to the one below & its a superb prone target rifle now. (original stock is a hunting stock & quite small for me)
          Shoots any ammo really well, especially cheap ammo!

They're about $1k & WELL worth the money, annie's are $3.5k which would be the only competitor really.
          Would I recommend? hell yes.
          Should you buy one? hell yes.

Will post up a vid next time i'm down at the range of it in action.

A TOZ straight pull rimfire. A guy at the club has one and they are very accurate, some of the groups he has fired are very impressive.

Comment

This is a stripped Anschutz 1727 bolt

At an asking price of well over $3K, I'll be sticking with my 1700 series actions!!!

Comment

• nate
            nate commented
            Editing a comment
            !!!
            INSANE!

Here's a little pr0n for the party...
            Original:

Dodgy practice stock:

And then there is (was) the Browning T-Bolt. Handled one once a long time ago.

They even made a left hand model.

Wonder if there are any floating about now ?
          This post may be fact or opinion, it is up to you to decide which.

Comment

• Gwion
            Gwion commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by TwoFourThree" post=26973
            And then there is (was) the Browning T-Bolt. Handled one once a long time ago.

They even made a left hand model.

Wonder if there are any floating about now ?
            Still make them. Shot a 17hmr a while back. Felt quite nice to me but you do read varying opinions on them re: reliable accuracy and the trigger (no-one seems to like the trigger).

Cheers

Are these "straight pull" bolt actions, legal in Australia, Victoria?
          I saw a review that showed they cannot be modified to semi auto.
          Im pretty keen on the PWS 22 T3

Comment

• nate
            nate commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Dutch" post=51154
            Are these "straight pull" bolt actions, legal in Australia, Victoria?
            I saw a review that showed they cannot be modified to semi auto.
            Im pretty keen on the PWS 22 T3
            I'd be doing some research on those - there's been a not-insignificant amount of issues with accuracy & being picky with ammo.
            Plus as per the previous page - broken parts & looking at the design - poor engineering choices on the mechanisms.

I was really keen on one - but then came across the Izhmash, after 6months of ownership i'm SOOO glad I didnt get the PWS.

Or how about you wait a few weeks to see what gets used at the Winter Olympics in the Biathlon... There's a reason for that

@ Nate, i thought i had done some decent research. Have seen they are a little ammo picky, seemed accurate as though.
          I like the idea of the "Izhmash Bi 7-2-KO" looks like a solid peice of kit. Id really gotten used to the idea of a threaded barrell end though.
          Where did you get yours from?

Comment

The PWS seemed somewhat lighter than my Izhmash but you need to check on the durability of the PWS action. The Izhmash action seems to be pretty well bullet-proof in design and construction. Most Russian stuff is usually overbuilt and fairly simple. Anything that will work in the Winter Biathlon environment has to be pretty darn tough.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed. The action on the PWS looks like a kids toy compared to the Izhmash. I spent a few hours today absorbing what i can on the 7-2-ko and i think im falling in love.

Thank you kindly, will def hit up those resources when the time comes.
            Do they like a particular brand of ammo?

Comment

• nate
              nate commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Dutch" post=51555
              Thank you kindly, will def hit up those resources when the time comes.
              Do they like a particular brand of ammo?
              Heck no!
              Well what ever is cheap & dirty & can be found on the battlefield lying around....

First time out with it, sighting in... first time on a bench & VERY uncomfortable etc...

you can see the differences between brands though - its happy with cheap stuff.
              One was start of the day, the other at the end... after LOTS of PCP AR action - i.e. pump work. I was knackered.

i'd be surprised if you couldnt score 195's on pretty much any ammo
          Working...
          X