Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rail Attachment for Torch

Hi All,

New to this forum however i was a lurker/poster on the old ones.

May not be specifically related to Rimfire however I'm after some sort of front end attachment (if it exists) to the front of the rifle to mount a Torch on the front of my stock for my newly acquired Ruger 77/17

Not even sure if this exists, also open to other ideas.

Appreciate any insight.

Cheers.

EDIT:
    Scratch that, just found http://shootingaustralia.net/forum/equipment/2052-rifle-mounted-lighting-system-options-with-true-200m-spot-capability

I've been looking for pretty much the same thing, interested to see other forum member's thoughts on the subject.

If you could find a stock that has the underside of the forend parallel with the bore, then you could get a piece of rail blank (Ebay U.S or E.G.W) and fit it there. Then - if the body of your torch is the right size - use a scope ring to attach the torch to the rail.

Or mount a piece of rail to your standard stock, and then get some sort of mount that allows you to adjust the angle of the ring.....

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking along the lines of having it mounted somehow to the sling nipple provided to potentially balance the rifle a little better as i have no intention of putting a sling or bipod on it. But for the sake of a few hundred grams i dont think it will matter that much.

The bulkiness look of having a torch ontop of a scope is what gets me although it is what it is

Hey guys.

I have one of these on one of my .22's

Sling Swivel Stud Adapter

Basically it is attached to the front sling swivel stud and sits flush with the stock and for around $10.00 it was a great solution.
    It gives you one 20mm rail that you attach things like bipods, torch mounts, lasers etc.

Next you need something to attach the torch to the bracket, I used a 30mm scope ring which seemed to fit my LED Lenser P7 quite well.

Here's a photo of how it look on my CBC model 122.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice one. Cheers for that, I'll look into it!

or something like this 45deg mount

to get an Atlas Bipod with quick release on the swivel stud adapter you have to widen the block with a dremel/file.
    My Tikka .223

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Jpt ( google them) in sydney(?) have a selection of mounting attachments for torches
      gumpy

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Guff" post=26248

to get an Atlas Bipod with quick release on the swivel stud adapter you have to widen the block with a dremel/file.
      My Tikka .223

I just got 2 of these yesterday & have to do the same modification.
      Dam PITA when you don't have the right equipment!
      It would be a 5 second job on a CNC machine or drill press.
      Fitting a torch to it is not a problem though!!

Depending on how "custom" you want to go is this one I found awhile back.
    A really nice idea that old mate has done here. He's inletted a length of rail into the end of his forearm to allow a light to be mounted. Looks quite good.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?5983-Randy-Cain-s-Practical-Rifle/page6
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Forward!
    Where we are, where we belong, where we should be.

Comment

Working...
    X