Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyds Stock - Savage .22 BTVS

Hi all,

Just went to place an order for a new stock for my savage and the guys there now say on their website that they will not ship to australia if the order is over $100.00... Anyone else here had the same issue or just got a stock recently from them without issue??

Thanks

Dan

My understanding is that the $100.00 limit has always applied at Boyds!

Comment

Been like that for Yrs mate - you can apply for a import/export permit and buy it that way, someone did a post about how to do it on the old forum and it didn't sound overly complicated - have a look into it.

I just stick with the Boyds Thumbholes and I don't have any issues then, got 2 coming as I speak.
      Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah ok. I never knew there was always a limit. Not how hard is it to get/apply for a permit? Not sure if it's worth it if I'm only getting one stock.

Have also tried looking at the wild dog australia website for stocks for my tikkas also but the site is under construction dammit. I'm looking for something sexy for my .223. Something tactical but in a nice pattern.

if you don't mind doing a bit of fitting and finishing to your stock check out Richard microfit stocks. they have a wider selection of styles, woods and laminates.
      plus you can go over the $100 limit

regards
      rodney

Comment

Pics of the Daughters new Boyds TH in the colour "Apple Jack" for the Savage Mk2 - now all I need is a PTA to pick up the actual rifle! hopefully it will be here next week.

Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

You can download the forms for the Import / Export permit from the weapons licensing website in QLD its a B709

http://www.police.qld.gov.au/Resources/Internet/programs/weaponsLicensing/documents/B709%20Import%20Permit.pdf

You send it off, send in your payment and they send you back the signed form that you then submit to customs, its a pretty simple process.

I looked into it when I was trying to get 10shot magazines for my Savage MKII, I did all the paperwork, got the import license, placed the order on Savage Arms, and they posted the magazines to me... Customs didn't even look at it, I guess because the package was about A4 size and reasonably flat... so I still have my import / export forms unused

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks so much guys, will get online and look more into it today.... Once the wife goes to work hehehehe.

• Mini Hulk
            Mini Hulk commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by ajbeattie77" post=20486
            You can download the forms for the Import / Export permit from the weapons licensing website in QLD its a B709

http://www.police.qld.gov.au/Resources/Internet/programs/weaponsLicensing/documents/B709%20Import%20Permit.pdf

You send it off, send in your payment and they send you back the signed form that you then submit to customs, its a pretty simple process.

I looked into it when I was trying to get 10shot magazines for my Savage MKII, I did all the paperwork, got the import license, placed the order on Savage Arms, and they posted the magazines to me... Customs didn't even look at it, I guess because the package was about A4 size and reasonably flat... so I still have my import / export forms unused

You shouldn't need a B709 form to import a rifle stock into Aus. As far as customs is concerned, it's not a firearm part, and is only a piece of wood (or plastic).

Originally posted by Elmer Fudd" post=19312
          Hi all,

Just went to place an order for a new stock for my savage and the guys there now say on their website that they will not ship to australia if the order is over $100.00... Anyone else here had the same issue or just got a stock recently from them without issue??

Thanks

Dan
          Hey Dan, did your order exceed $100 because you ordered a trigger guard with your stock? If so then you could place two separate orders, one for the stock & another for the trigger guard etc. I've heard of other shooters doing it this way.

The downside is that you'll pay a little more for shipping, but I'm guessing it will be less hassle than applying for an export permit.

Comment

i can vouch for not needing a b709 mine was just posted straight from boyds to me....now I have to dremmel it to suit a lefty as the ss evolution only comes in r/h

Comment

Working...
            X