Sako Quad, Pic. Rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sako Quad, Pic. Rail

Ok, So I am looking to build a .22 for Longer range work and I am leaning towards a Sako Quad HB, What I am after is any information from people who have successfully installed a pic. rail on their quad? I remember a thread on the old forum re. this matter but my memory isn't photographic so please help whoever you are that has done this!

Cheers,
    Andy

Edit: More information from those with a DIP rail would be greatly appreciated!

I've installed quite a few. The one most of our customers have provided is the Diversified Products one. Unless somethings changed, it uses grub screws to clamp in place. When I've installed them I've also bedded it with red Loctite as well for good measure. This also prevents water from getting in under it when out in adverse conditions. Ones I've seen had not MOA built into the rail. What sort of info were you after?

Originally posted by AndyBangFlop" post=15108
    Ok, So I am looking to build a .22 for Longer range work and I am leaning towards a Sako Quad HB, What I am after is any information from people who have successfully installed a pic. rail on their quad? I remember a thread on the old forum re. this matter but my memory isn't photographic so please help whoever you are that has done this!

Cheers,
    Andy

Edit: More information from those with a DIP rail would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      What other brands have you come across? Dare I Ask, which in your opinion has been the best design or have they all worked the same with slight differences?
      Basically I want info on what is out there and how they mount, so you answered the DIP part perfectly, now all I want to know is if there is a better make out there..

Also, with the Rail, did it help get larger bell housing scopes up and out the way for changing barrels or is the gain in height above the barrel still not enough with larger 50mm objective scopes? Any advantage at all in this regard by adding the pic rails, would 40mm be the max size?

Cheers for the Reply, helped a lot
      Andy

I've got a Murphy precision 20moa rail.
    Scope has a 42mm objective and in the lowest picatinny Warne rings it still sits pretty high. More than I would like and the scope can stay on when barrel change is underway.

Comment

This is a (flat) DIP Rail with Medium Warne Rings and 42mm objective scope.

Can get the barrel out reasonably easily.

Click image for larger version

Name:	QuadScope.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	33114

Comment

Working...
      X