Cz action screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cz action screws

I where can I buy some replacements screws etc for my 452 Brno, maybe Allen keys ones like my HMR had?

Then, how tight should they be?

Gidday Chewtah,
    These guys are great, https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/index.php?cPath=10
    Action screws are fussy don't do them too tight, too much tension will distort the action and effect accuracy, I do my front screw up tight till it stops then the rear screw back off to about 75% hard to gauge I know but you will get a feel for it. Try shooting a group when its calm and then re adjust to see the change.

Comment

I got mine from this guy great service http://kinneysshootingsupply.com/
      he has quite a lot of upgrades for CZ 452

Comment

You can but spares direct from CZ.
        Or you can get aftermarket stuff from places like J.P Custom in the U.S.

If you're lucky you might be able to source them locally from a bolt supplier. Take your existing screws in & see if they can match the thread.

Don't know how tight they should be. They shouldn't need to be too tight. I'd start off with reasonably light tension & see how it shoots.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by overkill" post=12483
          You can but spares direct from CZ.
          Or you can get aftermarket stuff from places like J.P Custom in the U.S.

If you're lucky you might be able to source them locally from a bolt supplier. Take your existing screws in & see if they can match the thread.

Don't know how tight they should be. They shouldn't need to be too tight. I'd start off with reasonably light tension & see how it shoots.
          +1 for J&P - these have hex heads which are far easier to torque than a slot screw and there is no risk of a screwdriver slipping and taking a chunk out of the stock. I've got them on all three of my CZ rifles (a 452, 527 & 550).

Peter

Originally posted by chewtah" post=12450
        I where can I buy some replacements screws etc for my 452 Brno, maybe Allen keys ones like my HMR had?

Then, how tight should they be?

Czs should be set at 20 inch/pounds. Some require more, trying it out when at the range will help immensely.
        But 20 I/P is usually the norm.
        45-70 Government. The only Government I trust........................Period.

THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS.

Comment

Can recommend both Kinneys ( for DIP gear) and J&P Springs. Went to a number of bolt suppliers up here in Nth Qld but no luck and easier to get them online.

Found my CZ 452 Varmint performed best at 25 in/lbs on both front and rear screws. However my mates is at 20 in/lbs. Spent a day at the range with the torque srewdriver and a brick of winchester power point max.

Comment

• moofy07
            moofy07 commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by mak1313" post=12529
            Can recommend both Kinneys ( for DIP gear) and J&P Springs. Went to a number of bolt suppliers up here in Nth Qld but no luck and easier to get them online.

Found my CZ 452 Varmint performed best at 25 in/lbs on both front and rear screws. However my mates is at 20 in/lbs. Spent a day at the range with the torque srewdriver and a brick of winchester power point max.
            That's the way to do it mate. Oh, by the way welcome to the forum.
        Working...
        X