Savage mkii bottom metal and trigger guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savage mkii bottom metal and trigger guard

does anyone know were I can get a trigger guard and thicker bottom metal for a boyds stock for my fv-sr build

Trigger guard can be had from DIP, Google them, thicker bottom metal can be had from "Jasta" from the old forum if he is here, you will also need longer action bolts.
    The action bolts are a funny size and only a few places have them, DIP have them and also shooters.com.au I think were bringing them in as well.

Let us know if you can't find anything.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm also interested in the thicker bottom metal if Jasta is around.

Cheers

Jasta is not on this forum but I do know him and if you need to contact him you may email Jasta at [email protected] Im sure he will be more than happy to help you.

Babies need delivering, better get going.

Doc

Comment

Just been to DIP inc. and they say on the home page they don't ship international at this time, any idea of somewhere in Australia that stocks these trigger guards and bottom metal plates? Boyds are charging over twice the price of these parts in shipping alone to Australia which seems excessive.

I've had a Boyds stock to go onto my Savage mkii FVXP since May and would love to get these parts because my local gunshop seems to be failing me in ordering them in.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I forgot to check back to this thread, thanks for the email address, I will contact him to order one.

Cheers

• Varminator
        Varminator commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Quill" post=28838
        Just been to DIP inc. and they say on the home page they don't ship international at this time, any idea of somewhere in Australia that stocks these trigger guards and bottom metal plates? Boyds are charging over twice the price of these parts in shipping alone to Australia which seems excessive.

I've had a Boyds stock to go onto my Savage mkii FVXP since May and would love to get these parts because my local gunshop seems to be failing me in ordering them in.
        Try here mate.
        http://www.doublercustom.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1288&category_id=448&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=99999999&vmcchk=1&Itemid=99999999

• ZENNON
        ZENNON commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Quill" post=28838
        Just been to DIP inc. and they say on the home page they don't ship international at this time
        I JUST tried buying the DIP Trigger Guard & Bottom Metal Kit (the "E" receiver wooden stock one as that's exactly what I have) and in the checkout process realised they won't ship to Aus

Thanks guys, ordered the guard last night which i'll just spray matt black.
      I'll get the action screw through mini hulks link and send Jasta an email later today.
      cheers

Comment

• Mini Hulk
        Mini Hulk commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Quill" post=29030
        Thanks guys, ordered the guard last night which i'll just spray matt black.
        I'll get the action screw through mini hulks link and send Jasta an email later today.
        cheers
        Cool, don't forget the pics once you get it together!

This is one of Jasta's Bottom Metal's - just dropped straight into the Boyd's without any inletting/adjusting etc - I think this one was polished by the previous owner.

Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Have my guard and plate now all i'm waiting on is longer action screws to be in stock at shooters.com.au.
        Was hoping to take the stock out to try this weekend but not holding my breath. Can't wait.

Comment

Delta tactical import DIP parts. I like DIP because there trigger guard has a grub screw to stop trigger over travel, also larger to use with gloves or fat fingers. If you know someone in the states ship to them then over here that's what I ended up doing .

Comment

Well it's finally together after 6 months.
            Thanks guys for helping me source the parts a lot quicker than waiting on my local gunsmith.
            Can't wait to try it out now.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	006.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	50044

Comment

• Varminator
              Varminator commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Quill" post=37917
              Well it's finally together after 6 months.
              Thanks guys for helping me source the parts a lot quicker than waiting on my local gunsmith.
              Can't wait to try it out now.
              Good to hear you got it sorted mate, looks great too.
              Attached Files

Sorry to dig the thread up again but I'm also after the trigger guard and metal for a mkii. I'll try and get the metal from Jasta but all the links for a trigger guard don't lead to a trigger guard. The sites don't seem to stock them anymore and I would only like to import as a last resort.

Thanks in advance

Comment

hi there
              why don't you just order the parts from savage?
              that's what I did

rodney

Comment

• sg20215
                sg20215 commented
                Editing a comment
                Honestly, I didn't even think of it

Sorry to open an old thread but I'm trying to track down the longer action screws for my mk2.
              Shooters out of stock
              Nioa out of stock
              Dip out of stock
              Brownells out of stock
              Savage awaiting reply?
              Can you get these from a fastener supplier?
              Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• sg20215
                sg20215 commented
                Editing a comment
                I used the screws that came with I think the stock? I put a Boyds Tacticool/Pro varmint on mine and the screws that came with it were long enough if you are worried about the length, but other than that I'm not sure where to source longer ones from.

Hopefully this helps

• scythe
                scythe commented
                Editing a comment
                How did you go with savage supplying longer action screws?
                And what part number was used?

Try delta tactical. They got me my trigger guard, bottom metal (the thick one) and action screws for my savage mk-ii.
              Justin

Comment

That's the one

Comment

Scythe try Delta tactical. They have screws and complete bottom metal kits, which I ordered. Best part I ordered Thursday and received goods Friday. Exceptional service and parts fit like a glove. Highly recommend them

Comment

Working...
                X