Brno 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brno 2.

The Brno 2. What a legend! I bought mine in 1984 ($180) and it has just started to refuse to cock. Whats that 19 years of faultless service. I have put it into my LGS.
    It still shoots more accurately than I can.
    3 cheers for Brno .22's
    "As above so below"-an ancient text meaning as you think it shall be.
    "To be really happy and really safe one ought to have two or three hobbies and they should all be real".--Churchill.
    "Even when the world is at peace a gentleman still keeps a blade by his side"-- Sun Tzu....

Best 22s ever made.

I have a model 1. Last week we pitted it against a 452 CZ.

Have a guess which one shoots smaller groups
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Er ... from 1984 would be 29 years.
      No trees were harmed in the production of this post, but some electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Comment

• sirus17
        sirus17 commented
        Editing a comment
        bahahaha

he he funny..!

I have a model2 love it to bits as well, current value 4 or 5 times my buy price is just too cool as well.

Comment

Bought my mod 2 in 1969 ($92.00). A bit of amateur work on the trigger (by a not very knowledgeable me) and then used it for 40 years before selling it (I was relocating and didn't know how long I would be a nomad and where I was going to finally settle down and therefore unencumbered myself by selling most of my firearms, including the brno). As I had also shortened the barrel and had it re-crowned and removed the rear tangent sight to make it more suitable for field rifle competition, I didn't mind selling it too much as I knew I would eventually replace it. This I did with a CZ453 that balances like my old modified brno and, after a little bit of adjustment, shoots as well as the rifle it replaced.
        Still, I miss the old mod. 2 and keep an eye on used guns for a replacement of about the same vintage. Heck, you gotta be quick if a good one turns up - I might wind up buying a good mod. 1 (great action and barrel) or a mod. 5.
        I love Sako centrefires and if I was still shooting smallbore I'd go for an Anschutz but for the best all round "pea rifle" (as my ol' Dad called .22's) there's nothing beats a brno/CZ!!

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Here here!!
          I lucked onto mine.. A '67 model with micro groove barrel, deep blueing, beautiful timber etc. I had to hand back the previous .22 due to a recall and this Brno 2 was traded moments before I arrived at the store. Seeing as I wasn't too happy giving back the other, the store felt obligated to make me feel better by selling me the Brno and throwing in a spare mag for an absolute steal. It shoots most ammo well, but some surprise me how tight they get. It will always have a place in my safe!

Had a model 4 target , model 2 , 452 classic love them all must say it was hard to decide between the model 4 target and model 2 on which one was the best.

Comment

I "lucked" onto a Brno model 1 via my father-in-law (dec'd) who past it to his eldest son, that didn't have the time to shoot
          A model 1 for $24 transfer fee - winner
          It will go to my son one day making a 4th gen heirloom

Comment

I love my mod 2 Brno too, great little hunting rifle, lite, accurate and handles beautifully. Mine started having ejection issues the last time I used it but a bit of a file on one of the extractors (had a slight burr) and a good clean of the chamber soon had it working again - they really are a beautiful little hunting rifle, no doubt about it. I won't ever be selling this one either.

Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Got mine back in 1980 and its no surprise that its as good as the day I got it...lucky with the stock having so much grain in it compared to others.

Last used 3 weeks ago out west, a lot of younger ones on the burrows and using powerpoints at around 50-60mts it was my mistake if I missed.

Great at that range as we soon found they went to ground pretty quick if you got into them with the HMR'S...the rifle has never failed me yet.

Comment

Forgot to mention I was at the LGS last weekend and they had 2 mod 1's for sale. Had a look at both and noticed how super slick the actions worked. Beautiful rifles.

Comment

What ammo are you fella's running through your Mod 2's? Mine loved the old Orange box Power Points - seems to shoot the new 40gn version fairly well (not quite as good) but also loves those Sub Sonic Power Points too.

I've tried a few others with good results too.
                  Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

• Throwingbrick
                    Throwingbrick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They seem to like the CCI subsonic Copper Jacket hollow points.

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=1&loadNo=0074

Absolutly THE best 22LR in my opinion ive owned a CZ for a while and mate ended up selling his bruno cheap i thought why not help the bloke out now its really the only 22LR i shoot

Comment

• Tornado-Technologies
                    Tornado-Technologies commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I used to own a really nice model 5. I really regret selling that rifle!

Hi BRNO fans,
                  I too love the old Mod 2 although I don't have one at this time. I had a very nice and very accurate 1972 model for many years and an excellent Mod 1 (1958 or 59 I think). I actually have a soft spot for all things SAKO and my current rimfire is a SAKO Finnfire Varmint. It is an absolute joy to use and very accurate, shooting regular 1 hole groups at 50m with the orange packet PowerPoints. Head shots on rabbits out to about 70m is fairly normal.
                  I always regretted selling the little BRNOs and am currently looking for one for my son. To that end the new CZ Tacticool looks very interesting and I don't think it will be too long before there is another BRNO / CZ in the gunsafe.
                  Picture of my Sako and one of a nice 5 shot group with hunting ammo.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3771.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	28666

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3770.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	28667

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If not cocking is the question, consider stripping and cleaning the bolt, there's a you tube video on it.

• Varminator
                    Varminator commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice one mate - can you still get the orange box ammo? I though it was replaced by the black box version. The black box version I know comes in two projectile weights 40gn and 42gn and there is a slight increase in velocity going by what's written on the box.

Cheers mate and beautiful rifle and group!
                Working...
                X