Sako price ripoff. Buttpad spacers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sako price ripoff. Buttpad spacers!

Hey guys, just recently I bought a Sako Trg42 338lm. It's a fantastic rifle and will be fun to shoot. As with everything when you get a newly acquired system it doesn't always fit you. So when I lay behind it I found that I need to adjust the LOP. Ye no prob I will just have a look and order some butt spacers to make it just right. Found some at Eurooptic for $55. However when I sent them a msg to see what dimensions they are told me it was for a 3mm spacer! Well I need a 1" spacer which is approx 9 spacers.

Sorry but I'm not spending $500 dollars on plastic spacers!
    What are my options or any ideas?
    Maybe make some?

could build one with a 3D printer if you wanted?

Comment

Yeah make some. Maybe buy one for measurements.

Go to the gym and put some muscle onto your girly shoulders to increase LOP.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        The gym mship would be cheaper! Lol

Originally posted by xbrute" post=7236
      Sorry but I'm not spending $500 dollars on plastic spacers!
      What are my options or any ideas?
      Maybe make some?

Fu.............errrr........bugger that!
      pretty pricey.
      could you make some from some nylon block, shaped to suit?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats one option, might see if i can get a AICS spacer from my other rifle to fit?
        Time to crank up the brain cells!

buy one as a template and take it to a machine shop and get the to knock one u out of an aluminium block

Comment

Sounds about right mate.
        Found a similar thing with my T3 sporter, came with extra spacers, BUT, if you want to use them, you've gotta go and buy the extended screws in order to fit them
        Best option would be to have one of the blokes who can do it, make them up or see if you can make something up yourself.

Best of luck mate, I hope you get it sorted and fit right up to you!

Comment

for that money youd be better to pay someone with a cnc to cut it out for you. 12 mm plastic packers used in construction to level precast concrete panels would work fine. use your existing butt pad as a template.

Comment

If you send me this:

I can make you this (you only need the outside shape and the screw holes):

I've got 12 & 25mm black delrin here to make them from
            Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris does.

Comment

• Vromme
              Vromme commented
              Editing a comment
              [quote="Gregt" post=7968]If you send me this:

Very nice, love your work.

It would be great to have the equiptment and talent to machine up like that!

• El-Skippo
              Skip commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Gregt" post=7968
              If you send me this:

Ahhhhh

Now that bring's back a old ... old request form you pal El-Skippo

Still willing to do the Tikka one's ??

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Gregt" post=7968
              If you send me this:

Yep the man has skills. I'm flat out making a coffee.

You have some awesome skills there Greg and nice offer to help a forum member too, well done mate.
            Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Nice work Greg T. Are you operating commercially? do you have a web page.i

What about cheek risers?

Paul.

Comment

• Gregt
                Gregt commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Digger, this is my hobby when I'm not at work. I make things that interest me rather than trying to pump out lots of products. no webpage currently but there's a fair few photos floating around forums of bits and pieces. I used to run a machine shop as a full time business but then found out about the public service where they pay me lots for every hour I work plus give me 7 weeks holidays a year and 4 days off a week so it wasn't a difficult change to make.

I did buy a 2400x1200 sheet of kydex a few weeks back to make some taco shell style cheek risers and other bits I wanted, I just need to knock up the bending press to form them. I can also make the AICS style cheek rests from delrin but now with Victor Company's grippy cheek rests for the AICS they are a better option and they're cheap.

I might post up some old threads from shooting.com.au about making some bits and pieces.

Cant see the image Gregt??
              So you have had 3 really good offers there from members so I cant see it being a problem for you now Xbrute!
              Good on you guy's for offering help

Comment

• Gregt
                Gregt commented
                Editing a comment
                The images should be back in the next day or so, I forgot to pay the web hosting for my old business web server that the images are hosted on. I'd get rid of it but I've got lots of photos hosted on it and a lot of useful forum threads will be pretty pointless without the photos.
            Working...
            X