Seems like a good buy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like a good buy ?

Im looking Into a new 308 In 20" . Will be used for target / deer hunting .
    Would like another tikka but I already have 2 and wouldnt mind something diferent .
    Suggestions on this specific one for sale ?
    Never new they came with fluted barrels
    http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=27570

Looks like a decent rifle.
    But why has nearly every 2nd hand rifle in used guns onlt fired 250 rounds

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	S6782336-001-2013-12-10_04-54-46-PM.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	58211
      Taken from the add
      Cut to 20 inch, fluted barrel, cerakoted, threaded, muzzle break, 10 round detachable mag comes with cleaning rod, Harris bipod, NF 20 MOA rail, 100 unfired & 100 twice fired Lapua brass, 200 Hornady 178gr BTHP and Hornady custom dies. Extremely accurate with all the extras in excellent condition fired approx 250 rounds shoots and looks like custom built 308 for 1/3 the price.

Comment

well,..........I like it.

Comment

I'd be interested to know what model remington it is. I thought only the LTRs were fluted but they come 20 inch from factory. It looks like a hogue or hs precision stock though.

Comment

• Chevy
            Chevy commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice... Wish I had the $$$$

• M77
            M77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Ratchet" post=46909
            I'd be interested to know what model remington it is. I thought only the LTRs were fluted but they come 20 inch from factory. It looks like a hogue or hs precision stock though.
            Its a 5r . I believe the fluting was done by a gun smith.

Wouldn't be my choice for hunting (too heavy) or paper punching (too short in the barrel). Should be reasonably accurate though.

It is the 5R with the HS Precision stock, a VAIS muzzle brake, a DBM of some sort, a 10 shot AICS magazine and flutes on the barrel for cosmetic reasons only (too small to really take out some weight).

At $1850 it would be priced better if it was several hundred $$$ cheaper. If you contact the owner, and it is still available, pitch a much lower price.

Comment

Working...
          X